- 37 min ago Daily Horoscope: 13 August 2020
- 9 hrs ago From Banana To Milk, Ginger To Water: Foods That Help Get Rid Of Headaches Quickly
- 12 hrs ago Sanjana Sanghi’s Stylish Pink Suits Will Have You Thinking About Pink Outfits
- 12 hrs ago Independence Day 2020: Significance Of Tricolours In Our National Flag
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In West Bengal In August
- Technology Reliance Digital Independence Day 2020 Sale: Great Deals And Offers On Gadgets
- Sports Champions League: Atalanta 1-2 Paris Saint-Germain: Choupo-Moting completes stunning late comeback
- Movies Mohanlal Tests Negative For COVID-19: Resumes Shooting!
- News India, Nepal to hold senior level dialogue on Aug 17 after a nine-month hiatus
- Automobiles Pioneer Launch TS-WX3000T Tube Subwoofer From Champion Series: Priced At Rs 9,990
- Finance 'PM SVANidhi' Scheme For Street Vendors Receives Over 5 Lakh Applications
- Education Kargil Vijay Diwas Quotes In English For Students
Diet plays a crucial role in pregnancy. Nutrition is important for the healthy development of the baby. Morning sickness is common in the second month of pregnancy.
However, eating the right kind of foods avoids such symptoms and leads to a healthy pregnancy. It is also important to keep yourself fit and active by doing light exercises or going for walks.
In the second month of pregnancy, the neural tubes start forming and later develop into a baby's brain, spinal cord and nerves.
Along with that, the circulatory system and heart also develop. Thus, the second month of pregnancy holds a great importance in a woman's life.
There are a list of foods to include and avoid in the second month of pregnancy. Avoiding certain foods is helpful in maintaining a healthy pregnancy.
One should include foods rich in folic acid, iron, calcium and protein. Certain foods are best to be avoided during the second month, as they may cause complications in the pregnancy term.
So, in this article, we at Boldsky will be listing out some of the foods that should be avoided in the second month of pregnancy. Read on to know more about it.
It is better to avoid soft cheese such as brie and roquefort in the second month of pregnancy, as it contains E. coli bacteria. There is a risk of infection and pregnancy-related complications when soft cheese is consumed.
Liver is yet another food that is forbidden in the second month of pregnancy. Liver contains retinol that can result in a miscarriage.
Do not consume unpasteurised milk, as it contains microorganisms and pathogens that can put your health at a high risk level. Unpasteurised milk contains salmonella and other harmful bacteria in it.
Alcohol consumption in pregnancy is dangerous and can lead to birth defects. So, it is always advisable to stay away from alcohol.
Raw eggs is something to be avoided in the second month of pregnancy. Those who consume raw eggs in the second month of pregnancy could catch a salmonella infection, which again is dangerous to the foetus.
Processed meat should also be avoided in the second month of pregnancy. Processed meat is refrigerated for a longer period of time and hence is more prone to the survival of pathogens.