- 36 min ago NTAGI Recommends Vaccination Against Cervical Cancer And Typhoid: Sources
- 49 min ago World Tourism Day 2022: Date, Theme, Benefits, History, And Significance
- 2 hrs ago Rashmika Mandanna Is Grace Personified In A Saree, Check Out Latest Pictures!
- 7 hrs ago Retrograde Saturn Transit In Capricorn On 12 July 2022: Impact On Zodiac Signs And Remedies
- Movies Johnny Depp's Rep Denies Reports Of Him Returning As Jack Sparrow, Actor Spotted In Paris In A New Look
- News PSEB Class 12 results: Live link activated
- Technology Pokemon Go Developer Working On Real-World Metaverse NBA Mobile Game
- Sports Malaysia Open: PV Sindhu progresses, Saina Nehwal bows out in the first round
- Education NEET 2022: Exam City Intimation Slip Released By NTA At neet.nta.nic.in, Admit Card To Release Soon
- Finance 2 Latest Dividend Announcements That You Should Take Note Of
- Automobiles Ather Energy May Soon Launch The Long-Range Version Of 450X Electric Scooter
- Travel Savandurga Hill In Monsoon - Hiking and Climbing
When a woman becomes pregnant, she has to take a lot of care to eat the correct foods to ensure proper growth of the foetus. Naturally, we wonder the benefits of apples during pregnancy. It is not surprising that regular consumption of apples during pregnancy is extremely beneficial to both the mother and the child. Knowing the benefits of eating apples will make you love to include this fruit in your daily diet.
Pregnancy demands food with high nutritional value. Research has shown that a prenatal diet inclusive of apples have specific benefits for the unborn child, which cannot be attained by eating any other food. Apples are also beneficial for the pregnant women also. Hence, this fruit holds significance during pregnancy for both the mother and the child.
Here are some of the benefits of eating apples during pregnancy:
Protection Against Asthma
The benefits of eating apples during pregnancy include protecting the unborn child against asthma attacks later in childhood. The exact reason for this is unclear, but eating apples during pregnancy are found to be efficient in providing this particular effect.
Anaemia in pregnant women causes many problems like preterm labour and low birth weight for the foetus. Since apples are rich in iron content, it helps in fighting anaemia to keep the mother and baby healthy.
Wheezing is a symptom of asthma. Including apples in your diet during pregnancy will lower the risk of wheezing that your unborn child may suffer in his early childhood.
Mercury is a harmful substance to the foetus. So, pregnant women are advised to avoid food with mercury content. Apples are useful in cleansing and detoxifying your body from mercury and lead.
Apples are rich sources of insoluble fibre. So, it is no wonder that eating apples during pregnancy help in promoting digestion and providing better metabolism in pregnant women. It also helps in reducing intestinal disorders.
Our mothers would often advise us to eat apples to build immunity. This is applicable during pregnancy as well. Apples contain vitamin C, which helps to build immunity for both the mother and the unborn child.
Apples are nature's own power food. The benefits of eating apples during pregnancy include providing the body with quick energy due to its carbohydrate content. An added benefit is that apples have very less calorie content.
Pregnant women run a risk of heartburn due to the high blood pressure and acidity. Eating apples during pregnancy ensures the health and strength of your heart and reduces the risk of heartburn.
Source Of Calcium
Calcium is a very important mineral needed during pregnancy for the proper development of bones in the foetus. Apples are rich sources of calcium and therefore must be included in your diet during pregnancy.
- kidsMonkeypox In Children: Symptoms To Watch Out For And More Details
- basicsCommon Diseases In Children, Their Symptoms And How To Prevent Them
- basicsExpert Article: The Rising Trend Of Caesarean Sections (C-Section)
- prenatalWhat Does It Mean To Have Placenta Previa Or Low Lying Placenta? Symptoms, Causes And Treatments
- prenatalWhat Is A Mucus Plug? What Does Losing Your Mucus Plug Mean During Pregnancy?
- prenatalPregnancy And Skin: What To Know About Linea Nigra And Its Causes, Symptoms And Management
- prenatalWhat Is Braxton-Hicks Contractions Or False Labour Pain? Causes, Symptoms And Treatments
- babyCan Babies Be Depressed? Causes, Symptoms And Treatment Of Baby Depression (Paediatric Depression)
- prenatalExpert Article: Diabetes And Pregnancy
- kids11 Physical Symptoms In Children That Parents Should Pay Extra Attention To And Expert Tips
- prenatalCommon Gastrointestinal Problems During Pregnancy
- prenatalGreen Tea During Pregnancy: Is It Safe?