- 1 hr ago Padmini Ekadashi 2020: Date, Muhurta, Rituals, Katha And Significance Of This Festival
- 3 hrs ago Erica Fernandes Is The Epitome Of Beauty In Her Pretty Anarkali And We Can’t Take Our Eyes Off Her
- 8 hrs ago Daily Horoscope: 26 September 2020
- 18 hrs ago Rashami Desai Or Aamna Sharif, Whose Floral Kurti Will You Choose To Flaunt This Navaratri?
- News 3 volunteers to get 1st dose of Covishield during trials in Mumbai today
- Sports ISL Transfer Watch: FC Goa signs James Donachie from Newcastle Jets on loan
- Finance Likhitha Infrastructure Rs 61.2-crore IPO To Open On Sept 29; Price Band Fixed
- Technology Oppo Reno 4 Lite Leaks Ahead Of Official Launch; Could Be Rebranded F17 Pro
- Automobiles MG ZS EV To Launch In 10 New Cities Soon: Teaser Video & Details
- Movies Shraddha Kapoor Reaches NCB Office For Questioning In Drug Probe; See Pictures
- Education AP ICET Results 2020 Declared, Check At sche.ap.gov.in
- Travel Best Places To Visit In South India In October
When a woman becomes pregnant, she has to take a lot of care to eat the correct foods to ensure proper growth of the foetus. Naturally, we wonder the benefits of apples during pregnancy. It is not surprising that regular consumption of apples during pregnancy is extremely beneficial to both the mother and the child. Knowing the benefits of eating apples will make you love to include this fruit in your daily diet.
Pregnancy demands food with high nutritional value. Research has shown that a prenatal diet inclusive of apples have specific benefits for the unborn child, which cannot be attained by eating any other food. Apples are also beneficial for the pregnant women also. Hence, this fruit holds significance during pregnancy for both the mother and the child.
Here are some of the benefits of eating apples during pregnancy:
Protection Against Asthma
The benefits of eating apples during pregnancy include protecting the unborn child against asthma attacks later in childhood. The exact reason for this is unclear, but eating apples during pregnancy are found to be efficient in providing this particular effect.
Anaemia in pregnant women causes many problems like preterm labour and low birth weight for the foetus. Since apples are rich in iron content, it helps in fighting anaemia to keep the mother and baby healthy.
Wheezing is a symptom of asthma. Including apples in your diet during pregnancy will lower the risk of wheezing that your unborn child may suffer in his early childhood.
Mercury is a harmful substance to the foetus. So, pregnant women are advised to avoid food with mercury content. Apples are useful in cleansing and detoxifying your body from mercury and lead.
Apples are rich sources of insoluble fibre. So, it is no wonder that eating apples during pregnancy help in promoting digestion and providing better metabolism in pregnant women. It also helps in reducing intestinal disorders.
Our mothers would often advise us to eat apples to build immunity. This is applicable during pregnancy as well. Apples contain vitamin C, which helps to build immunity for both the mother and the unborn child.
Apples are nature's own power food. The benefits of eating apples during pregnancy include providing the body with quick energy due to its carbohydrate content. An added benefit is that apples have very less calorie content.
Pregnant women run a risk of heartburn due to the high blood pressure and acidity. Eating apples during pregnancy ensures the health and strength of your heart and reduces the risk of heartburn.
Source Of Calcium
Calcium is a very important mineral needed during pregnancy for the proper development of bones in the foetus. Apples are rich sources of calcium and therefore must be included in your diet during pregnancy.