- 11 hrs ago Global Citizen Festival 2021: Billie Eilish, Coldplay, Jennifer Lopez, Ed Sheeran, Elton John To Perform
- 14 hrs ago Attending A Wedding Soon? Vidya Balan And Genelia Deshmukh Have Red Saree Goals For You!
- 16 hrs ago Importance Of Breakfast For Teenagers, What Parents Should Know And Easy Recipes
- 17 hrs ago Your Stylish Semi-Formal Fashion Goals Ft. Sonam Kapoor Ahuja And Sonakshi Sinha
- Technology Amazon Oppo A Series Quiz: Check Here Answers, How To Play & More
- Movies Love Story Day 1 Box Office Collection: Blockbuster Opening For Naga Chaitanya-Sai Pallavi Starrer!
- News Quad leaders' summit: Here's what Modi, Biden, Morrison and Suga said in opening remarks
- Sports IPL 2021: RCB vs CSK: Full List of Award Winners, Man of the Match, Post-match Presentation Highlights
- Education Schools In Maharashtra To Reopen From October 4, School Education Minister Varsha Gaikwad Announces
- Finance Survey Finds Over Two-Thirds of Customers Willing To Switch To Digital Only Bank
- Travel World Tourism Day 2021: 5 Breathtaking Natural Wonders Of The World To See – Part 1
- Automobiles Ford To Announce Settlement Packages For Its Employees; Plan To Shut Chennai Plant By 2022
'Meet The Bijlees' is a comic book from NTPC Ltd (formerly known as National Thermal Power Corporation Limited), which has been brought out in association with Amar Chitra Katha in both Hindi and English languages. This attempts to present a panoramic view of this power giant's presence across the energy value chain and aims at educating young minds on the significance of electricity without overwhelming them with engineering jargon.
A journey of the integrated energy player with its commitment to provide affordable, reliable, cleaner and greener energy is what this comic book represents.
One of India's largest integrated energy players, NTPC, has taken the comics route to raise awareness on the importance of using the resource judiciously, to children in their early school years.
If one turns the pages of this comic book, they can see how the story navigates along with the conversation between siblings Tanu and Manu and their parents who are associated with the power industry. Further, it elucidates the transmission of electricity from power plants to the grids and then to the households.
All in all, the book provides an interesting platform to capture the children's attention to a complex but interesting subject and imparts knowledge about not only electricity generation but also its safety aspects which is of practical use in our everyday lives, thereby making it far more pertinent for the younger lot.
This comic books also enlightens us about non-renewable sources of energy like coal, oil and gas which is limited in quantity and highlights the skewed supply-demand ratio.
The last part of the Meet the Bijlees briefs us about NTPC's initiatives to produce 30% of its energy with the help of non-fossil fuels by 2032. The comic book also focuses on the company's concern about the environment and informs the readers about the power major's goal to plant over 34 million trees in and around its power stations and its massive drives to save electricity every year.
The comic book also highlights NTPC's collaboration with Ola, and Zoomcar to diversify the electric charging infrastructure across the country and the power major's road map in bringing about the electric vehicle revolution in India.