We all know that childhood experiences shape personality, but a recent study concluded that this is true more for girls. It seems domestic quarrels or divorce of parents during childhood may negatively affect the mental and physical health of the girl child compared to the boy.
When health experts were researching the effects of divorce on children, they found out that breakups of parents would show adverse effects on the girl child more.
They also stated a reason for this. It is said that the health of a girl tends to be more sensitive and any disturbance in the family structure would show its impact on the health of a girl.
This is true especially in the case of a girl who grew up in a broken family, or with a divorced parent or even a step-parent. Such children may undergo depression and this is why their health may get affected in the long run.
This study was done by using information obtained from nearly a hundred thousand teenagers. Here, there is another factor that plays a role. The age of the girl during the time of the parent's divorce also plays a role.The study says that girls tend to be pretty vulnerable especially when they are between 6 and 10 years of age.
This study proved that family structure and domestic harmony play a very import role in the process of raising children and this is more true for girls as they are sensitive and vulnerable during the growing years.
Daughters of single parents are more at the risk of suffering depression or addictions after they grow up. In fact, this is why couples should be more careful when they plan a baby and they should be more careful if they ever plan to break up. It is a fact that separation of parents creates anxiety in kids.
TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- Will Rafale Deal Be Probed? — Supreme Court To Decide Today
- Why Is December A Good Month To Invest In Stock Markets?
- Nissan Kicks Review — Should You Buy The Latest Five-Seater SUV From Nissan?
- IPL Auction 2019 — These Five Players May Be Sold For A High Price
- Shahrukh Breaks Silence On His Film With Salman Khan And Sanjay Leela Bhansali
- Things To Know About The World's Quad Camera Smartphone
- Mumbai And Its Vintage Parsi Cafes
- Can Meditation Enhance Creativity?