For Quick Alerts
For Daily Alerts
- 2 hrs ago Sania Mirza Talks About Marriage, Motherhood And Matches In Latest Issue Of Femina
- 2 hrs ago Saina Trailer Launch: Parineeti Chopra Exudes Confidence And Boss Lady Vibes In Her White Pantsuit
- 2 hrs ago Mercury Transit In Aquarius 2021: How It Will Affect Different Zodiac Sign
- 2 hrs ago 7 Types Of Cancer That Affect Women
- News West Bengal elections 2021: 'Not campaigning in upcoming West Bengal polls,' says Farooq Abdullah
- Sports Vijay Hazare QF: Panchal century takes Gujarat to semi-finals
- Movies Nani Hikes His Remuneration, Charges Rs 14 Crore For Upcoming Films?
- Automobiles Skoda Rapid CNG Variant Coming To India: Zac Hollis Confirms 4 Product Launches In Next 12 Months
- Finance SBI vs Canara vs Kotak vs Yes Bank: Check Current Interest Rates On FD Here
- Technology Redmi Note 10 Pro Max First Sale On March 18: Should You Buy?
- Education CEED Result 2021: IIT Bombay To Release CEED Result At ceed.iitb.ac.in
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Nagaland In March
If you are bothered by your children watching too much TV then use these tips to wean them from television.
How To Prevent Children From Watching TV?
- It is parents themselves who cultivate this addiction in kids. When the kids are younger, they bribe them with more television time. As working parents these days do not have time for fussy toddlers they use television as a bait to feed the child.
- Banish television from your dinner time. The dinner table is a place where people should discuss their day, it is a family bonding time. There is no reason that the idiot box should be blaring away in the background.
- Shift the television from the living room to your bedroom. This has two advantages; firstly your children cannot be watching television at all times of the day and secondly, you get to monitor what they are watching.
- Violence on television impacts children in a very negative way. You need to keep a tab on what they are watching if you do not want your children to learn violence from television. Block certain channels with a child lock if you deem it unsuitable.
- Your child's bedroom must never have a television. Some parents think it to be fashionable and a display of affluence but the television addiction resulting from it will ruin your child academically and also mentally.
- Television makes the child passive and thus the child will slowly become reluctant to play in the open. Why run when there is a ready source of entertainment at home and you don't even have to use your brain for it?
- If your child's television addiction has taken serious proportions then you need to divert his or her mind from television. Make them join a club or play a sport. If they are not interested in athletics then a music, dance or art class can be a productive hobby.
- Sometimes parents push their child into doom by encouraging the habit of watching television. They come home tired from work and need their privacy so they allow the child to watch TV as long they are not disturbed. If you want to enjoy your social life or privacy then hire a baby sitter as TV is not the ready solution.
Use these parenting tips to stop your children from watching too much TV.
GET THE BEST BOLDSKY STORIES!
You have already subscribed
Story first published: Tuesday, November 29, 2011, 11:36 [IST]