- 3 hrs ago 10 Risks Associated With Protein Overconsumption
- 4 hrs ago 8 Alarming Symptoms Of Cervical Cancer In Women
- 5 hrs ago Ananya Panday Stuns In A Tarun Tahiliani’s Hand-Embroidered Lehenga And It Is Pretty Unique
- 6 hrs ago Pooja Hedge’s Green Velvet Manish Malhotra Lehenga Will Help You Rock Winter Wedding
- Movies Thappad: Taapsee Pannu Opens Up About Her Next Release
- Sports PBL 2020: Hyderabad Hunters recovers after Sindhu's shock defeat to Michelle Li
- News ‘To silence a critic’: Rahul Gandhi backs Kunal Kamra
- Technology Samsung Galaxy A51 With Quad Rear Cameras Launched For Rs. 23,999
- Finance All Indian Railway Coaches, Wagons To Be Tagged With RFID For Tracking By 2021
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Madhya Pradesh In 2020
- Automobiles Toyota Fortuner BS6 Petrol And Diesel Engine Specifications Revealed
- Education IIM Bangalore Women In Leadership Course Tanmatra
A new study states that too much of folate and also supplements of vitamin B12 during pregnancy isn't good. Researchers say that it might lead to autism in the kids.
Folate is present in some fruits and vegetables. It is important for the growth of cells and development of the foetus. When this nutrient is deficient, certain birth defects may also occur.
That is why generally pregnant women are asked to get enough of this nutrient. But now, this study claims that the exact quantities or dosages must also be prescribed by the doctors to avoid over consumption and its effects.
This study claims that too much of folate consumption could also increase the risk of autism-spectrum disorder in the kids. This disorder causes social impairment, unusual behavior and also communicative issues in kids. Even too much of vitamin B12 consumption could also raise the risk in kids.
Lack of enough folate could impair the child's development and at the same time, excessive folate also isn't good for the foetus.
Researchers studied more than thousand mothers along with their children and came to this conclusion. So, maybe it is better to be careful about your dosage of folate and Vitamin B12 during pregnancy.