- 46 min ago Daily Horoscope, 20 August 2022: Today's Horoscope Predictions For All Zodiac Signs
- 11 hrs ago Decoding Taapsee Pannu’s Contemporary Fashion Game
- 12 hrs ago Amazon Sale 2022: Exciting Offers And Discounts On Kids Items From Premium Brands
- 12 hrs ago Eye Implants Made From Pigskin Proteins Restored Sight In 14 Blind People: Things To Know
- Finance Stock To Buy: This Agro Chemicals Stock Has Good Upside Potential
- Technology OnePlus Offering Up To 25% Off On New 5G Smartphones: OnePlus 10R 5G, OnePlus 10 Pro, And More
- Movies Bigg Boss Telugu 6 Start Date Is Out: Nagarjuna's Show To Premiere On Disney+ Hotstar
- News Impossible: Dolo 650 manufacturer on Rs 1000 crore marketing budget
- Sports Durand Cup 2022: FC Goa register first win; Blasters held
- Automobiles Mahindra Scorpio Classic Launched At Rs 11.99 Lakh - New Name, New Pricetag
- Education Pranav Gupta Jamboree Education Founder says - India's New Education Policy is Transformational
- Travel Bryce Canyon: Abode To A Series Of Natural Rock Amphitheatres
Test tube babies are the result of an advancement in medical science in the field of infertility treatment.
Invitro fertilization (IVF) or Intra Cytoplasmic Sperm Injection (ICSI) are the most advanced assisted reproductive technologies that are practiced in the field of infertility treatments.
A test tube baby is born without the natural intercourse between a man and woman. Instead, the ovum of the woman and the sperm of the man will be fused outside the body for a successful fertilization.
Before the advancement of these technologies, the term 'test tube baby’ was used for children born by artificial insemination method. Louise Brown is the first test tube baby born in 1978.
So, what are the facts about test tube babies that you should know? No matter how advanced and modern we are, there are still many facts about test tube babies that are under controversy.
Still, many religious groups consider this as an unethical move; and there are many people who think that babies born like this are abnormal. Here, we will discuss more about some facts regarding test tube babies.
How did the name 'test tube baby' come?
Test tube babies are the result of IVF and ICSI. In these techniques, the ovum and the sperm are fertilized outside the body and are implanted back into the woman's uterus.
Since the fertilization is done outside the body, such babies who are born are called test tube babies.
Who should go for test tube babies?
Assisted reproductive treatments are recommended for couples who face difficulty in conceiving, mainly due to ovulation problems of the woman or decreased sperm count in the man.
Never consider IVF as a first line of treatment however. This can be considered only if all other treatments fail.
How are test tube babies born?
Production of multiple eggs is induced in a woman. After this, all matured eggs are extracted out. The semen of the husband will be processed to collect the most motile sperms.
These are then combined for the fertilization process and will be implanted back to the uterus.
Are test tube babies normal?
Absolutely, yes and they are very healthy too! No studies proved till now that test tube babies have any specific health issues related to the procedures.
They can lead a perfectly healthy life similar to any other babies born through natural conception. This is one among the 7 facts about test tube babies.
Are test tube babies fertile?
Test tube babies can grow up as normal individuals, and there will not be any problem with fertility due to the procedure. Studies prove that the chances of infertility in people who are test tube babies and in people who are born with natural conception are almost the same.
Are test tube babies designer babies?
No, not at all! Modern science allows the parents to rule out embryos that have genetic diseases and some countries allow gender selection too.
However, apart from such scenarios, test tube babies are not designer babies made by genetic manipulations.
Are test tube babies really made in test tubes?
This is one of the most common myth about test tube babies. Actually, the fertilization step is carried out in a petri-dish with the assistance of proper temperature and synthetic hormones.
Later the embryo is implanted into the mother. This is one among the 7 facts about test tube babies.
- basicsWhen Can A Woman Get Pregnant In The Menstrual Cycle?
- basicsWhat Is Unexplained Infertility?
- make up tipsBasics Of Smoky Eyes To Learn Before You Go For The Look
- basics5 Things To Do Before Becoming A Father
- basicsWhy Is Hypertension During Pregnancy Dangerous
- basicsReasons That Affect Men From Being A Dad
- basicsA Food That Helps In Brain Development
- basics8 Simple Tips to Improve Sperm Count
- basicsDo Painkillers Cause Infertility In Women?
- basics5 Major Causes Behind Male Impotency
- basicsFactors That Affect Sperm Motility
- basicsIs It Safe To Freeze Eggs For Better Fertility?