- 3 hrs ago Daily Horoscope: 23 January 2020
- 11 hrs ago Can You Get Pregnant While On Birth Control Pills?
- 12 hrs ago 11 Health Benefits Of Doing Pushups Daily
- 13 hrs ago Did You Know These Benefits of Drinking Green Tea Before Bed
- News Haryana NTSE Level 1 results 2019 declared
- Technology Xiaomi Mi Motion Activated Night Light 2 Launched At Rs. 599 In India
- Movies Ala Vaikunthapuramloo Day 11 Worldwide Box Office: Film Maintains A Winning Streak
- Sports Thailand Masters: Saina, Srikanth crash out, India's challenge ends at BWF World Tour Super 300 event
- Finance Budget 2020: Govt May Tweak 5% Tax Slab To Include Upto Rs 7 Lakh Income
- Automobiles MG ZS Electric SUV Registers 2,800 Units In Bookings Within 27 Days Of Unveil
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Jammu and Kashmir In 2020
- Education IIM Bangalore Women In Leadership Course Tanmatra
These dangers might happen due to environment, weather conditions or even a small thing like her own crib where she sleeps. Though it may be surprising and alarming, we have to know that most deaths happen right in the baby's crib. So, its well worth investing time in checking if your infant's crib is really safe or not.
Baby crib safety tips -
1.Before you install the crib, read the manufacturers instructions on how to use. It's best if you do not assemble the crib yourself, seek the help of a professional. An an extra preventive measure check the nuts and bolts yourself.
2.If you are buying a wooden crib, make sure that there are no splinters or cracks and the paint is intact. This is one of the most important baby crib safety tip.
3.Make sure that the distance between the slats on the crib is not more than 6 centimetres, as there is a probability that a baby might fall out or might get its head stuck in between.
4.Use a firm, not too soft mattress in crib. A soft mattress might choke the baby, or might even slip out between the slats. Soft mattresses are one of the main causes of sudden infant death syndrome.
5.If you are planning to use a baby cradle that was handed down from your great-great grand parents, its safety is certainly questionable. It's best not to use it, as it is probably made of lead and might lead to lead poising too.
6.One rule of baby crib safety is to have at least 2-3 extra locks on the side rails, as the baby might try to release the lock, when he grows older. When the side rails are lowered, the top should be at least 9 inches high.
7.Fix bumper pads around the crib, so that the baby does not hurt herself. Remove them as the baby grows older. Remember to practice this baby crib safety tip without fail.
8.Do not place too many toys in the crib, as the baby might choke.
These are some of the tips about baby crib safety that all to be parents must follow.