Informing the Rajya Sabha recently the government has confirmed of 600 swine flu death and 12,500 positive cases so far this year. The number has shown a two-fold rise in deaths when compared to the previous year.
Maharashtra alone accounted for almost 50 per cent of all deaths, as it recorded 284 deaths out of the 2,324 cases reported. This was followed by Gujarat which recorded 75 deaths out of 289 infections.
Kerala reported 63 deaths out of 1,127 positive cases, in Rajasthan, 59 persons died out of 407 reported cases. Karanataka had 15 deaths out of 2,377 cases, while Telangana and Tamil Nadu registered 17 and 15 deaths out of 1,443 and 2,896 cases, respectively.
Union Health Minister JP Nadda said in a written reply that the country has registered 12,460 swine-flu cases so far this year as compared to 1,786 cases reported last year.
He further stated that the government is closely monitoring the situation and all required preventive measures are being taken.
Following the severity of the situation, the central rapid response team was deployed in Maharashtra on June 27 to investigate the rising trend of influenza in the state and to provide required assistance which is resulting in reduced mortality currently.
Further the central teams have also been deployed to assist states like Gujarat, Kerala, Karnataka and Telangana.
- Overweight Teens At A Risk of Developing Colon Cancer
- Avoid Having Protein Rich Foods & Sugary Fruit Juice Together; It Can Cause This Problem
- What Happens When You Drive For Over 2 Hours Everyday?
- Child Free Of HIV Virus After A Year Long Treatment
- Skipping Breakfast Can Lead To Gallstones Formation
- Are You Out In The Sun For Too Long? It Can Lead To This Problem
- Beware Of Swine Flu, It Can Trigger Type 1 Diabetes; 10 Best Swine Flu Preventive Tips