In what can be called as the most challenging sugery, doctors at SSKM Hospital, Kolkata has successfully removed seven needles from the body of a 3 year old girl.
The girl hailing from Purulia is suspected to have been allegedly abused by here mother's employer. The mother initially had rushed the girl to the Bankura Sammilani Medical College from there she was referred to SSKM Hospital. The girl was admitted to the hospital in a critical condition.
A team of doctors from the hospitals which included a pediatric surgeon, gynaecologist, orthopedic and anaesthetist conducted a two hours long surgery on Tuesday and removed seven needles measuring 4 inches each. Three of the needles were in the liver and removing those were the toughest part of the operation.
The girl is doing fine after the successful surgery. But she needs to be kept under observation," Ajay Roy, Director of Institute of Post Graduate Medical Education & Research (IPGMER), was quoted as saying.
Meanwhile, the doctors have also asserted that the girl was suffering from severe trauma due to alleged sexual assault.
Police are on the lookout for the accused man. According to the doctors, the child is recovering and is being kept in the Pediatric Intensive Care Unit for 48 hours.
- Overweight Teens At A Risk of Developing Colon Cancer
- Avoid Having Protein Rich Foods & Sugary Fruit Juice Together; It Can Cause This Problem
- What Happens When You Drive For Over 2 Hours Everyday?
- Child Free Of HIV Virus After A Year Long Treatment
- H1N1 (Swine Flu): India Witness 600 Deaths, 12,500 Positive Cases Till Date in 2017
- Skipping Breakfast Can Lead To Gallstones Formation