14 months old Somnath Shah from Surat has now become one of the youngest organ donor.
Somnath had suffered serious head injuries when he slipped from a ladder while he was playing near his house in Surat on September 2. He was rushed to a private hospital from where he was referred to New Civil Hospital, Surat.
A CT scan revealed a brain haemorrhage and fractured skull. Somnath was declared brain dead on September 4. Following which the hospital authorities contacted an NGO - Donate Life based in Surat. On arrival, representatives from the NGO provided counselling to Somnath's parents.
Once they were convinced the harvesting of organs was conducted. Somnath's heart was flown to Mumbai and transplanted in Aaradhya Mule, a three-year-old girl from Navi Mumbai who had been suffering from a rare heart disease known as dilated cardiomyopathy for the last one and a half years.
Meanwhile Somnath's kidneys will be transplanted in a 15-year-old boy from Deesa, Gujarat, who had been suffering from acute renal failure for the past 10 years.
TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- New CBI Chief: It Could Be Modi VS Jaiswal
- India Vs Australia, 3rd ODI — Live Updates
- Owning A Maruti Suzuki Is Now A Special Occasion — Here's How
- Xiaomi Mi 9 New Concept Render With Bezel-Less Display And More
- 7 Best SBI Mutual Fund Schemes To Invest Through SIP
- Why A Trip To Tabo Is The Best Himalayan Adventure You Will Ever Have
- Sidharth & Diana Penty's Grand Outfits
- Deepika Padukone Launches Children’s Book With Her Story; Sidharth Malhotra Takes Selfies With Fans