TRENDING ON ONEINDIA
- EC Bars Eros Now From Streaming PM Modi Web Series
- IPL: RR Vs MI — Live Updates
- Renault HBC Compact SUV To Be Launched In 2020
- Abhishek-Aishwarya Get Romantic In Maldives!
- How To Download Assassin's Creed Unity Game For Free On Your PC
- Business Sentiment Continue To Decline For Q2 2019: D&B Report
- Natural Remedies to Improve Memory
- Rourkela: A Weekend Getaway
14 months old Somnath Shah from Surat has now become one of the youngest organ donor.
Somnath had suffered serious head injuries when he slipped from a ladder while he was playing near his house in Surat on September 2. He was rushed to a private hospital from where he was referred to New Civil Hospital, Surat.
A CT scan revealed a brain haemorrhage and fractured skull. Somnath was declared brain dead on September 4. Following which the hospital authorities contacted an NGO - Donate Life based in Surat. On arrival, representatives from the NGO provided counselling to Somnath's parents.
Once they were convinced the harvesting of organs was conducted. Somnath's heart was flown to Mumbai and transplanted in Aaradhya Mule, a three-year-old girl from Navi Mumbai who had been suffering from a rare heart disease known as dilated cardiomyopathy for the last one and a half years.
Meanwhile Somnath's kidneys will be transplanted in a 15-year-old boy from Deesa, Gujarat, who had been suffering from acute renal failure for the past 10 years.