- 14 hrs ago 10 Foods Parents Should Avoid Giving Their Babies In The First Year
- 14 hrs ago Navratri 2019 Day 1: Orange Make-up Looks To Celebrate Colour Of The Day
- 14 hrs ago Skin Abscess: Causes, Symptoms, Diagnosis, Prevention And Treatment
- 15 hrs ago Katrina Kaif, Karishma Tanna And Others Gave Us Casual Fashion Goals At This Event
- Sports Pro Kabaddi League 2019: Match 101: UP Yoddha Vs Tamil Thalaivas: Dream 11 Prediction, Fantasy Tips
- Movies CONTROVERSIAL: Urvashi Rautela Breaks Silence On Her ‘INAPPROPRIATE VIDEO’ With Boney Kapoor
- Technology Redmi 8A Price In India Leaks Ahead Of Launch
- News US visit will present India as global leader: PM Modi
- Automobiles Kia Motors Considering Five New Cars For The Indian Market: Including Two Electric Vehicles
- Finance Gold Prices Continue To Fall In India Even As Prices Climb Globally
- Education Top 10 Indian Universities In QS Graduate Employability Rankings 2020
- Travel How To Spend 3 Days In Goa: A Complete Travel Guide
Cafe Coffee Day founder VG Siddharta, who had been missing from 29 July was found dead on Wednesday morning (31 July), near the Netravati river in Mangaluru. His body was washed to the shore of the river and found by two fishermen in the early morning at about 500 m away from the bridge, said Mangaluru Police Commissioner to the reporters.
Prior to his death, he wrote a letter to the Board of Directors in which he mentioned his failure and inability to pay back debts. The letter reveals his depression due to the harassment by the income tax officials and other equity partners.
Today we remember the legend that inspired us all. Thank you Chairman VG Siddhartha for your vision, leadership and the great legacy. pic.twitter.com/tYMiglgofe— Cafe Coffee Day (@CafeCoffeeDay) July 31, 2019
CCD makes memories about our first date, job interviews, and even matrimonial meet-ups which never fade. We might be having at least one memory associated with this place. After Siddharta's demise, DailyRounds shared a letter on social media reminding what CCD was for them and that he was never a fail. Seeing the post, other netizens started sharing their own CCD moments and in a while, the twitter was flooded with many memories over #CafeCoffeeDay.
As we can feel from Siddharta's letter, his motive was never to cheat or mislead anybody. He held himself responsible for all his losses and requested everyone to be strong and keep running his coffee business with the new management. He also asked forgiveness for letting down people who trusted him. This shows his love towards the company and their employees even at the time when he was at the edge of committing suicide.
I met my wife first time at @CafeCoffeeDay 8 Yrs ago. Since then, we've had so many moments and memories at #CCD that we'll always cherish! You did all good #VGSiddhartha and You're not failed, You've won all through! #RIPSiddhartha #CafeCoffeeDay #CCDmemories— Kaushal Bhatt (@kaushaltwits) July 31, 2019
CCD was the first place where the waiter wouldn't bring the bill tucked into a plate of Saunf to you, basically signaling you to vacate the table.— Gabbbar (@GabbbarSingh) 31 July 2019
This was a pleasant surprise to many, and hence so many love stories, start-ups, job interviews took place here. #CCD
Moreover, CCD employees are aware of the true kind nature of Siddharta and therefore, want his soul to rest in peace.