- Finance Bitcoin Hit Levels Of $10000; Central Banks Stimulus Measure Supporting
- Technology Buying Guide: Best Budget Smartphones Available In India In June 2020
- Movies Shraddha Kapoor And Athiya Shetty Express Fury Over Killing Of Pregnant Elephant With Firecrackers
- News Cyclone Nisarga: Mumbai on alert; 110 KPH winds, 6 feet waves expected
- Sports Root could miss first Test of behind-closed-doors Windies series
- Automobiles Suzuki Access 125 & Burgman Street BS6 Scooters Prices Hiked: Here Is The New Price List
- Travel Post Lockdown Travel List: Hotspots In Spain
- Education CBSE Cyber Safety Handbook For Students Classes 9 To 12
When you are too tired and you have to complete a lot of work, or that you are a sports person and you are into vigorous physical activities, so in situations like these, consuming energy drinks might help provide you the needed energy. But if this becomes a regular habit then there are chances that one might get into the habit of substance abuse later.
Consuming energy drinks on a regular basis is becoming common especially among young adults.
The study conducted by Dr Amelia Arria and colleagues with the Center on Young Adult Health and Development (CYAHD) found that those who consumed highly caffeinated energy drinks on a regular basis over a long period of time were more likely to use cocaine, alcohol abuse and nonmedically use prescription stimulants (NPS).
For the study, young college students in the age group of 21-25 years were taken into consideration. They were observed for a period of five years. At regular intervals survey was conducted to check their health condition, behaviour, energy drink consumption level as well as drug abuse.
The result of this five year long study published recently in the journal Drug and Alcohol Dependence suggested that those who were in the habit of consuming energy drinks were at a higher risk of other substance abuse.
Hence, natural energy drinks are always a better option. So instead of sugar coated energy drinks, you can check out for few of these natural drinks that are quickly available.
1. Coconut Water:
A natural electrolyte, coconut water is rich in minerals and potassium. It does not contain any added sugar or colour. Coconut water helps in providing that instant energy.
2. Lemon Water:
Rich in vitamin C, lemon water helps in providing instant energy. Take one lemon, cut it into two halves, squeeze the juice in a glass of water, stir it properly and then drink it.
3. Banana Juice:
Banana is rich in potassium content, vitamins, magnesium, fibre and folate. It also contains the natural sugar, so for those of you who want to gain instant energy then a glass of banana juice would be the best option.