- 1 hr ago Samantha Akkineni’s Fringe Yellow Dress Is The Classiest Way To Make Yourself Stand Out At Cocktail Parties
- 6 hrs ago Daily Horoscope: 17 April 2021
- 17 hrs ago Flashback Friday: Of Vespa Scooters And Vintage Fashion Of Catherine Zeta-Jones And Audrey Hepburn
- 17 hrs ago Mercury Transit In Aries 2021: How It Will Affect Different Zodiac Signs
- Technology Vivo V21 SE With SD 720G Listed At Google Play Console; Launch Tipped For April 27
- News Life comes to a standstill as weekend curfew kicks in at Delhi
- Movies Vicky Kaushal And Anushka Sharma Mourn The Loss Of Peaky Blinders Actor Helen McCrory
- Sports ICC T20 World Cup 2021: Ahmedabad to host final, nine venues short-listed
- Automobiles Honda Increases The Prices Of The Fifth Gen City, Amaze, Jazz & WR-V: Here Are The New Prices
- Finance Top 7 Bitcoin Wallets In India 2021
- Education UPSC NDA I Exam 2021 To Get Postponed? Check Latest Updates
- Travel Google Maps And Search Now Shows Covid-19 Vaccination Locations In India
The recently launched trailer of ALTBalaji's latest show The Married Woman, featuring Ridhi Dogra and Monica Dogra in the lead roles, has impressed the viewers, fraternity people critics alike for its progressive and pathbreaking content.
Interestingly, compared to other shows of ALTBalaji, The Married Woman with its central characters played by Ridhi Dogra and Monica Dogra, comes across as a very different show with an aspirational narrative revolving around women and their choices. Considering the show's narrative, the makers have recently received a special invitation from the organisers of the Awadh Queer Pride 2021 that aims at equality, acceptance and love.
On the occasion of the fifth Awadh Queer Pride Walk, the organisers have taken the opportunity to invite Monica Dogra and Ridhi Dogra to participate in the Pride event, interact with the community and attend the Pride party.
While the famous Awadh Queer Pride Walk has been conducted every year since 2017, the actresses are looking forward to the fifth consecutive Pridehappening in Lucknow on Sunday, 28 February 2021 at Lohia Park Amphitheatre.
Due to the COVID-19 situation, the organisers have switched the event from Pride Walk to Pride Event, and therefore, this time, they are expecting a 500-plus crowd. They are also hosting a post pride queer party in Aligunj, Lucknow.
Ridhi Dogra says, "Over the years, talking openly about the LGBT community has often been considered a taboo. I believe that pride parades or events like this help us to create a strong voice for the community in giving them enough acceptance, respect and love. The Married Woman as a show is a story about love and acceptance. It's told with a lot of grace and care. I hope the care we took to talk about individuality over conditioning lends itself towards harmony and awareness for the community as well. I am really excited to interact with people at Awadh Queer Pride and listen to their thought process and their hearts."
In 2017, the City of Nawabs Lucknow walked its first Awadh Queer Pride Parade from Sikandarbagh crossing to the General Post Office Hazratganj. The 1.5km walk has been organised by the city's LGBTQIA+ community, led by Darvesh Singh Yadvendra. It is also Uttar Pradesh's first queer pride parade. The Pride witnessed around 300 people, many pouring in from as far away as Mumbai, Kolkata, Chandigarh and Jaipur.
The Married Woman is an urban relationship drama about women and their conditioning levied by society and her search to find herself. The show features Ridhi Dogra and Monica Dogra as the central characters and notable actors, including Imaad Shah, Ayesha Raza, Rahul Vohra, Divya Seth Shah, Nadira Babbar and Suhaas Ahuja, among others.
Watch The Married Woman streaming from 8th March (International Women's Day) on ALTBalaji!