- 8 hrs ago 7 Awesome And Easy Ways Of Treating Problems Associated With Dry Skin In Winters
- 9 hrs ago Amazon Great Indian Sale 2021: From Smart TV to AC, Get Upto 50% Off On Cool Home Appliances
- 12 hrs ago Chhorii Promotions: Nushrratt Bharuccha Looks Stunning In Her Indigo-Blue And Ivory Outfits
- 13 hrs ago Covishield's Effectiveness In Fully Vaccinated Individuals 63% During 2nd Wave, Study
- News Manjinder Singh Sirsa quits as DSGMC president, joins BJP
- Movies Marakkar Twitter Review: Mohanlal-Priyadarshan's Magnum Opus Sets History!
- Sports Abu Dhabi T10: Hasaranga chokes Bangla Tigers with a fifer after Kohler-Cadmore's sparkling 96
- Education MPSC Subordinate Services Prelim Result 2020 Out, Check MPSC Subordinate Services Pre STI ASO Results Here
- Automobiles Tata Motors Has Registered Total Sales Of 62,192 Units In November 2021
- Technology Realme C11 2021 Gets Price Hike For Second Time; Still Worth Buying?
- Finance Vodafone Idea Shares Continue To Gain Post Prepaid Plan Tariff Hike; Spikes 20% Intra-day
- Travel Budget Friendly Winter Places To Visit Around Shillong
Kubbra Sait is known to be vocal about the causes that she supports, right from women's rights to support for the LGBTQIA community. Putting her social media platform to optimal use, Kubbra has now curated a unique and interactive online session called LGBTQIA+ For Dummies wherein she will interview 4 prominent members from the community. Sait will ask them 2 questions namely: what is the most frequent question people ask you? What's the question that you wish people asked you.
The sessions went live on her social media on 5th June with the debut guest, the acclaimed and award winning director, Onir, who is most recognised and lauded for his directorial movie, My Brother Nikhil amongst more work.
Speaking on why she initiated this interesting and need of the hour concept, Kubbra said that, "The love we received from the community has always overwhelmed me and left me at a loss of words. The thought behind this concept was to normalise the fact that I'm a dummy when it comes to know more about the community. I often make mistakes with pronouns. I also unintentionally make mistakes by making a comment, which is not correct or doesn't fit with the guidelines of the community."
Adding to her comments, she highlights more on the facets of homophobia, something our society is still largely plagued with, she affirms that "I think homophobia is a state of mind. It is conditioning. The films in the 1990s or even the early 2000s used to have a gay joke thrown in just for the sake of laughs. I don't think that was okay. We need to develop a tune in our minds against discrimination when it comes to how we talk to and about the queer community. I'll correct somebody if they don't fully understand the concept or make an initiative where I actually reach out to people. The community is so strong in their own skin and they're already doing enough. We just need to stand there and support them and be in solidarity with them at the least. It's their time to shine."
The sessions that have commenced with director Onir, will also see Durga Gawde, Luna and Sushant Divgikr in the month of June, which is also known as the Pride Month giving rise to the reason why Kubbra chose to host them now. All one can say is that Kudos to you Kubbra for initiating, curating and actioning this!