- Movies Karachi 81: Prithviraj Sukumaran's Looks Unrecognizable In The First Look Poster!
- News Five rockets hit near US embassy in Baghdad
- Sports PBL 2020: Sindhu masterclass gives Hyderabad Hunters first win
- Technology Benefits Of Amazon Prime Subscription That You Probably Didn't Know
- Automobiles Fiat Stops Production Of 1.3-Litre Multijet Engine: The End Of The Road For India’s Favourite Diesel
- Travel 10 Most Popular Historical Places And Sites In Karnataka
- Finance Top 10 Recurring Deposits with Higher Interest Rates
- Education IIM Bangalore Women In Leadership Course Tanmatra
At the Puncham Bazaar , Mrs.Sankaranarayanan spoke passionately about the upliftment of women in India through education and self employment. Amy Billimoria Wasim pressed with the artefacts on display and was in great spirits.
Rani Poddar proudly states that this annual exhibition is created, designed, organized and executed exclusively by and for women. In addition to this, the Puncham Bazaar works closely with NGO"s with a special focus on handicrafts. Be it cutlery, crockery, artefacts, furnishings or designer garments, you will find it all here. Abha Singh and Dolly Thakore also spent quality time at this exhibition.
Founded in the year 1980, Rani Poddar, has been at the forefront of social initiatives and charitable activities throughout her life. In its tenure of 35 years,“Puncham" has been instrumental in building nearly 11 cold drinking water fountains in Mumbai, besides helping the Indian Cancer Society and the Association for the Blind.
In 2009, the Times of India group recognized and acknowledged Rani Poddar for her outstanding social contribution by conferring the“Angel of the City"award. She also received the prestigious“Udaan"award as a woman of substance at the hands of Ashok Chavan, former Chief Minister of Maharashtra.
Viren Shah and Madhsudan Kumar also made their presence felt at this Puncham Bazaar exhibition.