- 7 hrs ago Diwali 2019: What Are Green Crackers And Why You Should Be Using Them
- 8 hrs ago Milk Allergy: Symptoms, Causes, Risk Factors, Diagnosis And Treatment
- 9 hrs ago What Is Carbon Peel Facial, Its Benefits And How Does It Work
- 9 hrs ago Sara Ali Khan And Rakul Preet Singh Give Us White Outfit Goals For The Upcoming Party
- Movies Gold Awards 2019 Winners Web Series: Sunny Leone, Kunal Jaisingh, Ronit Roy & Others Bag Awards
- News Soubhagya Routray, gets prestigious Doctorate for his 'work' on underprivileged children
- Technology ZTE Blade A7s, ZTE Blade 20 Smart Xiaoxin Edition Unveiled: Price, Specs And More
- Sports India Vs South Africa: Local boy Shahbaz Nadeem replaces injured Kuldeep Yadav for Ranchi Test
- Automobiles Odd-Even Rule Returns To Delhi In November: We Have All The Details
- Education 5 Things Students Should Know About MHRD Internship Scheme
- Travel Simple Tips & Tricks For Booking Cheap Flight Tickets In India
- Finance Rules On Vehicle Insurance Claims On Driving Under The Influence Of Alcohol
If you have never been to Atta Galatta then never complain about the art and culture scene in Bangalore. This cafe is not only a bookstore with a focus on Indian vernacular writing, it also plays host to literary and cultural events.
Located near Jyoti Nivas College in the midst of bustling Koramangala, 5th block, this place has a scrumptious menu which you can experience while you enjoy the events. Atta means dough in Hindi and play in Kannada and Galatta stands for racket, hence this bookstore and cafe’s name’s a fusion of sorts. There’s a separate Atta Galatta bakery at Bommasandra Industrial Estate and from the bookstore or from supermarket chains you can buy a range of Atta Galatta breads.
From the menu, a plate of Smileys will cheer your mood and if you are longing for something different, you must experience the Roast Chicken Sandwich or the Garden Fresh Sandwich. You can order for the juicy Chicken Burger, the delicious Paneer Burji Sandwich or the Masala Pav. Try the Freshly Baked Treats like Lemon Tarts, Brownies, Chocolate Cupcakes, Cake Pops and we recommend the Filter Coffee and Black Coffee at the place while you read a book or spend time with your friends. Cost for two should be around Rs 300 for experiencing favourites from the menu.
The helpful Atta Galatta staffs make sure that the foodie or the reader enjoys a quality service and ambience. The place apart from promoting original Indian writing also hosts lots of discussions with authors who come from various literary backgrounds. On weekends the place is packed with aspiring writers, professionals and veteran artists who share their thoughts with the authors, hosts and other curious visitors. Frequent workshops have turned this place into a learner’s oasis in Bangalore.
There are events happening this month like Bangalore Storytelling Society Meetup with its theme being Crisis. Then there’s Let Poetry Be’s – Formula Verse based on poems that revolve around Mathematical or Science concepts. There’s a very interesting writing workshop called The Translation Equation which deals with understanding the process or method of translation in order to write better. Do not miss a play called “That Night” or the Ramayana and Mahabharata Quiz for Children. These are some of the highlights lined up for an action packed September at Atta Galatta.
The event calendars and details can be found on Atta Galatta official website and Facebook page.