- 8 min ago Are Candles More Toxic Than Cigarettes? Harmful Effects Of Scented Candles On Health
- 1 hr ago Shaligram Stone: The Much Worshipped Form Of Lord Vishnu Found Only Near The Kali Gandaki River
- 1 hr ago Rath Saptami 2023: Dos And Donts To Be Followed On This Day
- 2 hrs ago Rath Saptami 2023: Wishes, Quotes, Messages, Images, FB And WhatsApp Statuses For Your Collection
- News How Bharat Jodo Yatra exposed deep divide among Opposition parties
- Sports ISL: Playoffs snakes and ladders continues as Odisha FC drop out after losing to ATKMB
- Movies Rakhi Sawant Mother Death: Jaya Bheda Passes Away After Being Diagnosed With Brain Tumour
- Finance HDFC Securities Initiates Coverage On Hotel Sector, Picks 2 Stocks Offering Return Up To 50%, Buy
- Automobiles Maruti Suzuki Alto K10 Xtra Edition Debuts – Launch Soon
- Education Three Grievance Appellate Committees GACs Notified on the recently amended "IT Rules 2021"
- Travel Before You Turn 30 Try These ‘Offbeat’ Water Sports In India
- Technology Samsung Galaxy S23 Series Indian Prices Leak: Accessories For Flagship Android Phones Surface Too
The summer season is perhaps the most favourite of all seasons to most people. The advent of summer will differ in different countries. We refer to the start of the season with the coming of hot sunny days. Since ancient times, the summer has been associated with holidays and fun time for people of all ages.
Summer is a hot season associated with fresh air and bright colours. It is the time people spend most of their time outside engaged in various interesting and fun activities. The summer days are usually longer than the days of other seasons. It is a season of many festivals and celebrations.
The southern states will have warmer climates than the northern states during summer because of their proximity to the equator. The summer is also a season which brings droughts, extreme temperatures and sickness. But, this has never reduced the fun facts about summer.
It would be interesting to know fun facts about summer seasons, which would have escaped our notice as we would take many of these facts for granted.
Summer Olympics: One of the many fun facts about summer is that it is the time for summer Olympics. The Olympics was begun in ancient times in the Greek Empire and continue even today, hosted every four years.
The dog days of summer: This is a common phrase that is used to refer to the hot sunny days of summer. There are not many people who may know these fun facts about summer referring to the dog days. It refers to the weeks in July and August named after the dog star Sirius in Canis Major.
Summer holidays: These may be the most well known fun facts about summer and the most loved fact, especially by children. Every year with the start of summer all the schools will close for a long vacation of nearly two months.
Summer camps: Summer camps are relatively more recent development and are among fun facts about summer seasons. Summer camps can be for boys or girls or even mixed, which involves interesting games and activities for children.
Frisbees and summer: Frisbees in the past were actually greased pie plates, which people began to throw to each other in parks during summer. This is how frisbees evolved into an interesting game and they became fun facts about summer season.
Watermelon blast: One of the most interesting fun facts about summer season is that many people rush to have watermelons in summer to quench their thirst. It is the tastiest vegetable for summer.
Summer movie season: The advent of summer also marks the release of a lot of movies in Hollywood. This may be because of the teenagers and other youngsters with a lot of free time to watch movies and is among fun facts about summer season.
Backyard barbeques: This is among delicious time for trying some fun facts about summer season. Summer is the best season to invite your friends and family to your house and host a barbeque party in the backyard.
Ice creams and summer: Ice creams are perhaps the most sought after delicacy during summer. Fun facts about summer season include the fact that summer is the time during which the most number of ice creams are sold.
- hair care5 Hair Care Habits You Need To Stop This Summer And What To Do Instead
- wellnessHeat Wave In India: Can Summer Heat Negatively Impact Mental Health?
- gardeningRoses, Bougainvillea, Hibiscus - 5 Best Flowering Plants For Summer Home Décor
- recipesMango Dessert Recipe For Ramadan: How To Prepare Mango Panna Cotta
- skin careNatural Skincare For Summer: 7 Home Remedies To Get Healthy-Glowing Skin
- wellness13 Expert Tips For Beating The Heat Wave (Without An AC); How To Make DIY AC
- gardening7 Humidity Absorbing Indoor Plants To Beat the Summer Heat
- wellnessBenefits Of Drinking Khus Sharbat In Summers: How To Make It?
- nutritionDo Mango Peels Have Health Benefits?
- improvement6 Ways to Make Your Apartment Feel Airy During Summers
- recipesBest Soup For Summer: How To Prepare Sweet And Savory Watermelon Gazpacho
- kidsHealthy Summer Foods For Kids, To Keep 'Em Healthy And Hydrated (Over 4 Years Old)