- 26 min ago Blenders Pride Fashion Tour Finale 2020: Priyanka Chopra Looks Stunning In GraphicLiner And High Bun
- 1 hr ago Blenders Pride Fashion Tour 2020 Finale: Priyanka Chopra Jonas Graces The Ramp In A Black Gown
- 2 hrs ago How To Gain Weight In A Healthy Way?
- 8 hrs ago 20 Best Foods Rich In Vitamin K
- Movies Rupesh Bane From Mumbai Is The Winner Of Dance Plus 5
- News Nationalism, 'Bharat mata ki jai' being misused to construct militant idea of India: Manmohan Singh
- Sports I-League: Preview: Chennai, Aizawl face-off in a bid to move up the league table
- Technology NASA Insight Lander To Help Mars Mole Probe Make A Move
- Finance 4 Factors That Could Affect Markets This Week
- Automobiles Urban Mobility Lab Launched In Bangalore By Rocky Mountain Institute And Micelio
- Education Top 20 Universities In Emerging Economies University Rankings 2020
- Travel Top 6 Places To Visit In India To Observe Maha Shivratri!
Andrew Wythe from Cornwall adventitiously caught fire while he was using a petrol can to light a bonfire. A spark ignited the fumes and set his body, alight.
His son, the fifteen-year-old boy Nicholas who saw this, grabbed a coke bottle, shook it violently and sprayed it on his dad to douse the raging flames.
Andrew was taken to a hospital in Penzance and transferred to Frenchay Hospital in Bristol after the incident. He was treated for burns, but require skin grafts. Doctors say that his injuries could have been fatal if Nicholas had not acted.
Andrew praises his teenage boy for having saved his life. "It was hot day and we had taken a bottle of coke to keep cool. I put the petrol on and straight away it set me on fire. I dropped to the floor and tried to roll round," says Andrew.
"Instinct took over really," reacts Nicholas about the incident.
"Without Nicholas it would have been a lot worse. I was lucky really. We all know it's dangerous throwing things on the fire. You could be lucky if the wind is blowing in the right direction, or unlucky like myself,"adds Andrew.