- Automobiles Andhra Pradesh State Civil Supplies Corporation Orders 6413 Units Of The Tata Ace Gold
- News Bihar Elections 2020: Ahead of Bihar polls, EC suspends two officials; four shifted
- Sports IPL 2020: We are not speaking about finishing in top two, says Mumbai Indians stand-in captain Kieron Pollard
- Movies Mohanlal's Drishyam 2: Director Jeethu Joseph Makes A Major Revelation About The Release
- Technology LG Q52 Stops By Geekbench; Live Images And key Specs Also Leaked
- Finance Central Govt Offers Buffer Onion Stock To States To Keep Prices In Check
- Education Karnataka To Reopen Engineering And Degree Colleges On November 17
- Travel Best Places To Visit In Tamil Nadu In November
World Red Cross Day is observed every year on 8 May to mark the birth anniversary of Henry Dunant, the founder of the Red Cross and International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC). He was born on 8 May 1828 and became a humanitarian, social activist and business. It was in the year 1863 when he established the ICRC in Geneva, Switzerland.
Today we are here with some details about the day to help you in gaining its detailed information.
It was after World War I when the Red Cross was introduced at the 14th International Conference of the Red Cross. It was introduced as a contribution to the world's peace. However, the principles of the Red Cross Truce and Red Cross Crescent Movement were introduced at the 15th International Conference in Tokyo on the same date. The principles were then approved at the same conference.
There are seven fundamental principles that were introduced and approved. They are as follows:
● Red Cross society mostly focuses on collecting blood. For this, it encourages people to donate blood. They also organise various campaigns to spread awareness about the importance of blood donation.
● The main intention behind observing this day is to encourage humanitarian activities across the world.
● The day emphasises on protecting the lives and the dignity of those who are the victims of any armed conflicts. It also focuses on protecting the victims of any kind of violence.
● This day is observed to educate the youth and empower them to help in sustaining our generation.
● Red Cross society also helps in finding the missing families of people.
● It also provides health and social care along with first-aid, refugee services