- 1 hr ago Happy Birthday Karan Johar: Stylish Looks That Proves He Has Distinctive Fashion Sense
- 3 hrs ago Maharana Pratap Jayanti: 16 Lesser Known Facts About The Great Rajput King
- 5 hrs ago Daily Horoscope: 25 May 2020
- 21 hrs ago What Are Mood Disorders? Its Types, Causes, Risk Factors, Diagnosis And Treatment
- Automobiles Maruti Suzuki Employee Tests Positive For COVID-19 At Manesar Plant After Restart Of Operations
- Movies Karan Johar, Akshay Kumar Unite For Video Tribute To Frontline Workers: You Are Real Heroes
- News Domestic flights resume after two months; many say flights cancelled without notice
- Technology Huawei Enjoy Z 5G With MediaTek Dimensity 800 5G Processor Launched In Affordable 5G Segment
- Sports Woods-Manning prevail in star-studded match, raised $20m for charity
- Finance Why Zee Entertainment Shares Could Fall On Tuesday?
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Jammu & Kashmir In May
- Education CBSE Cyber Safety Handbook For Students Classes 9 To 12
World Red Cross Day is observed every year on 8 May to mark the birth anniversary of Henry Dunant, the founder of the Red Cross and International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC). He was born on 8 May 1828 and became a humanitarian, social activist and business. It was in the year 1863 when he established the ICRC in Geneva, Switzerland.
Today we are here with some details about the day to help you in gaining its detailed information.
It was after World War I when the Red Cross was introduced at the 14th International Conference of the Red Cross. It was introduced as a contribution to the world's peace. However, the principles of the Red Cross Truce and Red Cross Crescent Movement were introduced at the 15th International Conference in Tokyo on the same date. The principles were then approved at the same conference.
There are seven fundamental principles that were introduced and approved. They are as follows:
● Red Cross society mostly focuses on collecting blood. For this, it encourages people to donate blood. They also organise various campaigns to spread awareness about the importance of blood donation.
● The main intention behind observing this day is to encourage humanitarian activities across the world.
● The day emphasises on protecting the lives and the dignity of those who are the victims of any armed conflicts. It also focuses on protecting the victims of any kind of violence.
● This day is observed to educate the youth and empower them to help in sustaining our generation.
● Red Cross society also helps in finding the missing families of people.
● It also provides health and social care along with first-aid, refugee services