- 2 hrs ago German Actor Hardy Krüger Passes Away At 93: A Look At His Life And Career
- 7 hrs ago Easy Breakfast Recipe: How To Make Split Black Gram Or Urad Dal Dosa
- 11 hrs ago Remodelling Your Kitchen? Here Are 8 Must-Haves To Take It To The Next Level
- 13 hrs ago Covid-Flu Combined Booster Shot Possible Late 2023: Moderna
- News Chidambaram should resign if Congress fails to oust BJP in Goa: TMC
- Finance Cryptos Show Strength; Cosmos Outperforms, Tether, Cardano Weak
- Sports BCCI Central Contracts: Will non-performers Ajinkya Rahane, Cheteshwar Pujara be able to remain in Grade A?
- Movies Arun Verma, Who Worked Alongside Salman Khan In Kick, Passes Away At 62
- Technology Windows 11 Gets New Task Manager: Goodbye Legacy Task Manager
- Education ICSI CS Foundation CSEET Result 2022 Declared, Steps To Check ICSI CSEET CS Foundation Results On icsi.edu
- Automobiles Petrol Prices Slashed In Jharkhand: Rs 25 per Litre Subsidy
- Travel Amazing Places To Visit In Assam In Winter Of 2022
One cannot deny that photography is one of the best ways of expressing one's emotions, thoughts and views. It not only captures the images but also the memories, expressions, ideas and the moment in which one lives.
Every year 19 August is observed as World Photography Day to celebrate the history, art, craft and science of photography. This World Photography Day, we are here with some interesting and lesser-known facts about photography that will amaze you.
1. The word 'photography' means 'drawing from light' and it was first coined in 1839 by Sir John Herschel, who happened to be a British Scientist.
2. The first-ever photo that consisted of a human was clicked in 1828. The photo was clicked by Louis Daguerre who wanted to capture the Boulevard du Temple in Paris. Since the exposure lasted for seven minutes, a man was standing in the streets and was getting his shoes polished, he was captured in the photograph.
3. The first aerial photo was clicked in 1858 and it featured Paris. However, the photograph no longer exists as it was lost long ago.
4. The first-ever digital camera was invented by Steven Sasson in 1975. During that time, he was working for Eastman Kodak.
5. Believe it or not but the first digital camera weighed four times than the modern DSLR camera. The Steven camera weighed 3.6 kg and captured only 0.01 MP.
6. Do you know that in a year more than 1 Trillion photos are clicked? However, there's no exact record of the number of photos taken in a day.
7. The first colour photo was clicked in the year 1861 by Thomas Sutton who was actually suggesting a way to create coloured photos.
8. You may get surprised to know that there was a time when flashes could explode and become violent. This is because, initially, photography flashes were made using a mixture of potassium chloride and aluminium.
9. The world's most expensive photograph was clicked by Andreas Gursky in 1999. The photograph was sold for $4,338,500 at auction.
10. Unlike other camera brands, Kodak has no meaning. Where Canon means law, rule and principle whereas Ilford was derived from its birthplace, the founder of Kodak found 'K' to be a strong letter. Therefore, he made a word from 'K'.
- lifeWorld Photography Day 2021: Best Travel Photographers on Instagram To Follow
- womenLegendary Street And Portrait Photographer Sabine Weiss Passes Away At 97
- art cultureHow The German-Turkish Labor Agreement Influenced The Arts
- lifeReal-life Stories: The Journey Photos Of A 10-Year-Old Cancer Patient Will Melt Your Heart
- lifeReal-Life Stories: When Groom Plunged To Save The Life Of A Drowning Kid
- pulseThe Photographer Who Beautifully Captured The Moment Of Unexpected Kisses
- pulseArtist Expresses Love Story Through Comics
- pulse“The Witch Hunt” Photo-series On Behalf Of Women
- pulsePowerful NSFW Pictures Of Childbirth
- love and romanceThese Pics Of A Trans Woman & Her Husband Will Melt Your Heart
- love and romanceHilarious Photoshoot of Pregnancy Announcement That Went Viral
- pulseThis Is What Happens When You Delete Mobile From Your Life