- Sports Hockey World Cup 2023: Netherlands beat Australia 3-1 to secure bronze medal
- News Hindenburg report attack on India: Adani Group's 413-page reply
- Travel Origin: The Saga of Veerashaiva & Lingayat Mutts in India
- Movies Bigg Boss 16: Ankit Gupta Reveals Who Would He Pair Priyanka Choudhary With & His Answer Is……
- Education TANCET, CEETA 2023 registration will start from Feburary 1; Know How to Apply
- Finance Union Budget 2023: Delicate Act Of Maximizing Fiscal Impulse Amid Consolidation
- Automobiles Bid For Mahindra XUV400 One Special Edition Crosses 1 Crore Mark – Checkout All Details
- Technology Jio True 5G Reaches Northeast India; Now Live In 191 Cities In India
Every year the second Sunday in the month of May is observed as Mother's Day and this year in 2022, it falls on 8 May. This is the day dedicated to mothers and the amount of unconditional love they have for their children. The day is celebrated to acknowledge the bond that a mother and her child share. On this day, everyone tries to make their mothers feel happy and loved. They arrange a party and bring gifts for their mothers to celebrate the day in a memorable way. But do you know the history of this day?
Here is the history and significance of Mother's Day.
History Of Mother's Day
The origin of Mother's Day dates back to the early 1900s when a woman named Anna Jarvis in the US made efforts to dedicate a day for mothers across the world. It was in the year 1905 when Anna lost her mother.
In 1908, she organised a prayer meeting for her mother at St Andrew's Methodist Church in Grafton, West Virginia. It is in this memorial only that Anna decided to dedicate a day for observing Mother's Day. But this was rejected in the same year by the US officials. But then the proposal was accepted in the year 1911 to express gratitude to mothers across the world.
However, it was in the year 1914, when Woodrow Wilson, the President of the US declared the second Sunday in the month of May as Mother's Day. The day was also declared a public holiday after the President signed a proclamation. Since then the day is celebrated as Mother's Day across the world.
Significance Of Mother's Day
- Mother's Day is observed as a day to recognise the love, care and sacrifice that mothers do for their children.
- People around the world bring gifts and express their gratitude for the selfless love they have received from their mothers.
- The day is a public holiday where people find ways to make this day a memorable one.
- Various campaigns and lectures are demonstrated to make people aware of the importance of a mother in a child's life.
- wellnessMother's Day 2022: 5 Healthy Activities To Do With Your Mom This Mother's Day
- womenMother's Day 2022: Best Beautiful Quotes For Mother From Daughter
- parents and childrenMother's Day Gifting Ideas As Per Your Mom's Zodiac Sign - Expert Suggestions
- basicsMother's Day 2022: How Does Motherhood Affect A Woman's Life, Emotionally And Physically?
- womenMother's Day 2022: 10 Best Thoughtful And Fun Ideas To Make This Day Special For Your Mom
- kidsMother's Day 2022: Advice Mothers Must Give Their Daughters About Sexual Health
- bollywood wardrobeMother’s Day: Neena Gupta And Masaba Gupta’s Stylish Trackee Set Picture Is Winning The Internet
- parents and childrenMother’s Day: 7 Reasons Why Mothers Are So Special
- body careMother’s Day Special: 16 Easy And Effective Beauty Tips For Busy Moms
- fashion trendsMother’s Day Gifts: 7 Thoughtful Fashion Pieces Your Mom Will Love
- postnatalMother’s Day 2022: Common Health Issues Affecting New Mothers
- nutritionMother’s Day 2022: Top 10 Health Tips For Busy Moms