- Technology Amazon Great Indian Sale 2020: Up To 40% Off On Premium Smartphones
- Sports Bapu Nadkarni demise: Sunil Gavaskar condoles his death of former India all-rounder; remembers him as 'helpful manager'
- Movies MTV Splitsvilla 12: Priyamvada Kanth & Shrey Mittal Win The Show; Check Out Fans Reaction
- News Kerala did a disastrous thing by electing Rahul Gandhi: Ramachandra Guha
- Automobiles MG Will Showcase A Total Of 14 Models At The 2020 Auto Expo: Future Of Mobility
- Finance Reliance Announces Q3 Results; Net Profit Climbs 13%
- Education Tanmatra: A Women Leadership Programme From IIM Bangalore
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Delhi In 2020
There are so many diseases where symptoms don't become evident unless they have reached their peak.
Check out the details of a woman who suffers from this rare medical condition where the immune system attacks blood vessels and makes her gums look like strawberries!
According to reports, the woman's teeth were almost entirely engulfed by her overgrown gums.
The woman, whose identity was not revealed, had told the medics that her gums had started to grow around six weeks earlier.
She further elaborated about her condition and revealed that she had also been suffering nosebleeds of late and had three nasty ulcers on her face which made her skin look like it had been "eaten away".
Doctors diagnosed her condition to be "strawberry gingivitis". The medical name for this medical condition is granulomatosis with polyangiitis (GPA).
It is a rare disease in which the immune system attacks the blood vessels.
The medics treated her with drugs that suppress the immune system and inflammation, but her case remains a mystery as it was reported that the woman never came back for a follow-up appointment.
What do you think of this condition? Share your thoughts in the comment section below.