India is a country known for not only its culture but also for its various other elements like black magic and voodoo dolls. But do you know that India is not the country to have practiced Voodoo first?
In this article, we are here to throw light on the black magic and the use of voodoo dolls trend that people have been following to cast a spell on others.
Also Read: This Is The Black Magic Capital Of India
Here are some of the lesser known facts and history about voodoo and black magic that you need to know about.
The Origin Of The Term Voodoo
Voodoo is a derivative obtained from two religions: Christianity and African religions of Yoruba and Fon. According to historians, the Africans were forced to be converted to Christianity. These were the people who were brought in as slaves to the American islands. On the other hand, when Europeans were exposed to these people, there was a mix of two religions, hence the Voodoo trend was born.
Voodoo And The Indian Culture
You would be surprised to know that the Indian culture and Voodoo has a lot of similarity. According to researchers, both of these things have the same gods with the same functions. Apart from this, both the cultures also believe in a supreme universal power.
Magic Used In Voodoo
Since the Voodoo culture is derived from the ancient African religions, people who practice this were firm believers of the Black Magic. When the religions were clubbed into the Voodoo culture, the practice of black magic was also introduced in the new religion.
Voodoo Doll Magic
The magic is performed in this culture by using the 'Magic Dolls'. It is believed that through these dolls, a practitioner or an expert can give the other person pain and can even kill the victim!
Different Pins Used In The Voodoo Magic
Did you know that there are different types of pins that are used in Voodoo magic? Each of the pins is poked in for a separate activity. Each coloured pin carries a different meaning.
Seven Voodoo Pins And Their Energies:
Red - Power
Black - Repelling negative energy
White - Positive
Blue - Love
Green - Money
Yellow - Success
Purple - Spirituality
Voodoo Dolls Can Hurt You
Voodoo dolls can be used to hurt one person. It is believed that certain spells are performed on the doll and the dolls should resemble the victim in some form. The doll is then pierced with needles. When the practitioner does this, the victim feels the pain and the effects can be devastating on the person. The part of the person which is pierced with needles can be paralyzed as well. It is also believed that the twisting of the doll could result in the death of the victim as well!
- WOW! Every Man In This Village Has 2 Wives!
- Nurse Who Died While Treating Nipah Patients Left A Heartfelt Note To Her Husband…
- Meet Yash Shah: "The Rubber Man Of India"
- Best Gifts That You Can Choose For Your Mother!
- Google Doodle Pays Tribute To ‘Father Of Indian Cinema’ - Dadasaheb Phalke
- The Most Weird Temples Found In India
- You Need To Thank These 'Bhaiyas' Of Our Lives!
- These Health Benefits Of Walking Barefoot Will Blow Your Mind!
- WTH! Vijay Mallya Is On The Run And Is Still Marrying For The 3rd Time!
- Real-life Story: Her Father In Law Abused Her And Nobody Believed It Until They Saw This…
- Google Doodle Remembers Late Actor Farooque Shaikh’s Birthday
- She Preserved Her Dead Son's Sperms To Only Become A Surrogate Grandmother!