- 4 hrs ago How To Contour Nose: Step-By-Step Tutorial For Beginners
- 6 hrs ago Independence Day 2020: Perfect Ethnic Outfits For The Special Occasion From B-Town Divas’ Wardrobe
- 7 hrs ago Independence Day 2020: Jewellery Goals From Leading Actresses For Stay-at-Home Independence Day
- 9 hrs ago Sun Transit In Leo 2020: In What Ways It Will Affect Different Zodiac Signs
- News Potential drug candidate against COVID-19 identified by scientists
- Sports CPL 2020: Darren Sammy wants to use CPL as vehicle for West Indies return
- Movies EXCLUSIVE! Koena Mitra On Freedom Of Women In India: We Are Born Free, But Some Need Reminders
- Finance 9 Simple Measures To Fix Error In Your Income Tax Return
- Automobiles Kevin Raahul Enters Asia Book Of Records After Identifying 150 Car Logos In One Minute
- Travel Indians Visiting Nepal Will Now Have To Show Their ID cards
- Technology NVIDIA GeForce Special Event Announced; What To Expect?
- Education Independence Day Q And A: Test Your Knowledge On The Indian Independence Struggle
Mamata Banerjee, the iron lady of West Bengal has been recently listed under the Top 100 Most Influential People in the world by Time Magazine. The 11th Chief Minister of West Bengal is the first woman to take the position in this Indian state. When we are talking about the most influential people, then lets take a look at the other men and women who have influenced our minds in 2012. This list of influential people has politicians, actors, athletes, authors, cartoonists, artists and sports persons.
Mamata Banerjee: The 57 year old powerful woman is in the list of 100 influential people of 2012. she has joined the club of people who inspire, challenge and entertain us.
Barack Obama: The 44th President of United States of America has also been listed in the 2012 Time magazine's list of most influential people in the world. He is still the current President of the country.
Adele: The young singer has grabbed 6 Grammy Awards in 2012. Adele broke all records in the history of these awards. She is the only female musician who has grabbed 6 Grammy Awards in one night.
Sharmeen Obaid Chinoy: The Pakistani Canadian journalist has won Oscar and Emmy Award for her documentary film, 'Saving Face'. According to the press and the government, Sharmeen Obaid is the first Pakistani to win Oscars.
Rihanna: This famous singer is one amongst the influential people in the world. According to the Time magazine, she has been counted as one of the personalities who has entertained us with her music and is one of the most impressive artists in the world.
Anjali Gopalan: Apart from Mamata Banerjee, Time's top 100 influential list has another Indian name, Anjali Gopalan. She is an advocate and gender rights activist and has been included in the list for advancing the rights to gay and transgender citizens of the country. The 54 year old activist petitioned the courts to modify the laws prevalent from the British era.
Kate Middleton: The Duchess of Cambridge has also been included in the Top 100 influential people's list. This year, the lady has been selected along with her sister, Pippa Middleton. The siblings have been named as influential sisters. Last year, Kate had appeared in the list with her husband, Prince William.
Apart from these famous personalities, Time magazine has several other powerful names in the Top 100 most influential people list. Do you feel proud after seeing two Indian women being part of the list of most influential people in the world?