Latest Updates
-
Arjun Rampal Marries Gabriella Demetriades In Goa: Their Journey From Love To Parenthood And Marriage -
Raksha Bandhan 2026: 7 Brother-Sister Twinning Outfit Ideas That Look Festive And Stylish -
Sowcar Janaki Passes Away At 94: Remembering The Veteran Actor's Seven-Decade Legacy In Indian Cinema -
Anne Hathaway Becomes Disney Legend: Why ‘The Princess Diaries’ Star Received Disney's Highest Honour -
When Iqbal Sheikh Lived Nearly 5 Years In A Pond: Expert Explains The Hidden Struggles Of Rare Diseases -
OTT Releases This Week (August 17–23): What's Streaming Across Netflix, JioHotstar, ZEE5, Prime Video And More -
International Day of Remembrance and Tribute to Victims of Terrorism 2026: Date, History, Theme, and More -
Kim Kardashian Gives Fans Her Clearest Look Yet At Life With Lewis Hamilton -
Early Signs of Cancer in Children: What Every Parent Should Know -
From Classroom to Rapido Driver: A Bengaluru BBA Student's 3-Month Gig Economy Experiment
Delhi Rohini Building Collapse: What Happened, Casualties, Rescue Operations And All We Know So Far
An under-construction building in Delhi's Rohini area collapsed on Wednesday, July 8, 2026, triggering a massive rescue operation and raising fresh concerns over construction safety. The incident occurred at around 4:20 PM near an MCD school in Sector 16, Rohini, with several workers believed to have been inside the structure at the time. Rescue teams rushed to the site shortly after the collapse and have been working continuously to search for those trapped beneath the debris.
What Happened In Delhi's Rohini?
According to the latest reports, the under-construction multi-storey building suddenly collapsed on Wednesday afternoon in Sector 16 of Rohini, northwest Delhi. The exact reason behind the collapse is yet to be determined, and authorities have launched an investigation into the incident.
Emergency responders reached the site soon after receiving the alert, while local residents also gathered in the area as rescue operations began.
Casualties And Rescue Efforts
As per the latest verified reports, one person has been confirmed dead, while two people have been rescued alive from the debris. Several others are still feared trapped beneath the rubble, although officials have not yet confirmed the exact number. Early estimates suggested that five to six people may still be trapped.
#WATCH | Delhi | An under-construction building in Sector 16, Rohini collapsed. Four fire tenders have been rushed to the spot. More details awaited. pic.twitter.com/XjDjELYB8C
— ANI (@ANI) July 8, 2026
A large-scale rescue operation is currently underway, involving multiple agencies, including:
- Delhi Fire Services
- Delhi Police
- National Disaster Response Force (NDRF)
- Other emergency responders
Heavy machinery has also been deployed to remove debris as rescue teams continue searching for survivors.
Was Heavy Rain Responsible For The Collapse?
The collapse took place amid heavy rainfall in several parts of Delhi. However, authorities have not officially linked the incident to the rain, and the exact cause of the collapse remains under investigation.
Officials would have to complete their inquiry to conclude whether weather conditions played any role in the incident.
What Authorities Have Said So Far
VIDEO | Delhi: After an under-construction building collapsed in Rohini, DCP Shashank Jaiswal says, "As of now, one person has been declared dead. We are trying to save the lives of the others. One persons hand is trapped under the debris. We arranged oxygen for him immediately.… pic.twitter.com/vcPRYUEVv5
— Press Trust of India (@PTI_News) July 8, 2026
Officials have not yet announced the exact reason behind the building's collapse. Once rescue operations are completed, investigators are expected to examine several factors, including:
- The building's structural integrity
- Quality of construction
- Compliance with building and safety regulations
- Whether weather conditions contributed to the collapse
Authorities are expected to share more details after the investigation progresses.
What Happens Next?
Rescue operations are still ongoing, and officials are expected to provide further updates on the number of people trapped and any additional casualties. The investigation will also determine the exact cause of the collapse and whether there were any lapses in construction practices or safety compliance.
The incident has once again brought attention to the importance of construction safety, particularly during the monsoon season, when ongoing building projects may face additional structural challenges. More official updates are expected as rescue teams continue their efforts.



Click it and Unblock the Notifications
