- 9 hrs ago Indian Baby Boy Names That Are Now So Overused But Still Loved By Many
- 12 hrs ago Independence Day Special: 7 Things The West Gets Wrong About India
- 13 hrs ago Pancha Mahapurusha Yogas: Formation, Types, Effects, And Yoga Cancelling Combinations
- 14 hrs ago How Does COVID Affect Your Brain? Accelerated Brain Aging, Long-term Neuro Conditions Reported
- Movies Kaun Banega Crorepati 14: Can You Answer The Rs 1.6 Lakh Question That Stumped Vaishnavi Singh?
- News Domino's face Twitterati ire after video shows mop above pizza dough
- Sports Grand Prix Badminton League: Malnad Falcons register first win, Mysore Panthers pip KGF Wolves
- Finance Buy This Maharatna Stock For Target Price Of Rs 178, Gains Up To 28%: HDFC Securities
- Automobiles Mahindra BE & Twin Peaks Electric SUV Brands Revealed - 5 New EVs Unveiled
- Technology AMD Ryzen 7000 Could Cost A Lot More Than Ryzen 5000 CPUs
- Travel Wettest Places in The World: List of Rainiest Places on Earth
- Education Top 10 ideas to celebrate the Independence Day 2022
A woman shared her experience in a TikTok video talking about how she landed a job interview by replying to a rejection email with a meme. She goes by the name @swedishswan.
Image Source: @swedishswan/TikTok
"I recently received another letter of rejection from a position I applied for and was very interested in. So I learned a lesson from Gen Z by choosing to follow up with the employer by sending a viral meme, he said in a TikTok video.
She sent the meme featuring Fernando Botero's portrait of Pope Leo X and had the words "y tho" written in white letters.
The meme, according to @swedishswan, was popular. The employer contacted her shortly after the meme was sent to let her know they had changed their minds.
She added, "Anyhow, it worked. They informed me via email once more that they wanted to interview me. I can't believe that worked. "
The video has garnered more than 1.8 million views as of 18 July. Soon after @swedishswan posted the video, many TikTok users started commenting on the post. Some of the comments are:
"This is the success story we needed in these dark times."
"I feel like a lot of interviewing is just for personality and the fact that you showed some... they were like, 'Wait a minute, this person is cool".
"Being funny with recruiters is so underappreciated because I hate sending rejections and want the best for everyone - this would have made my year".
"Oh my god, I just applied for ten jobs this week and I am 100 per cent doing this now."
- wellnessCOVID-19: 10 Ways To Manage Stress Due To Layoff
- beyond loveImportant Traits Required For A Strong Professional Relationship
- pulseMeet The Tantric Witch Who Uses Group Masturbation As Her Teaching
- lifeHave Fun & Get Hired At The Renaissance Bangalore High Grounds Hotel
- wellnessSleep Well To Avoid Eating Junk Food Due To Job Stress
- pulseWrite For Us- Earn Name, Fame & Money
- pulseThis Guy Paints Bananas And Gets Paid For It!
- pulseSome Of The Most Unique Resume Ideas That Are Not On Paper
- pulseJobs That Will Make You Feel Jealous
- pulseAfter Seeing This, Never Complain About Your Job!
- wellnessHigh-Stressed Jobs Can Lead To Early Grave
- wellness12 Healthy Tips You Can Follow To Get Rid Of Frustration