- 5 min ago The Ideal Weight For Indians Increased By 5 Kg: Says A New Survey
- 56 min ago Extremely Simple And Effective Ways To Use Apple Cider Vinegar For Hair Growth
- 1 hr ago Virgo Transit In Leo 2020: Effects On Different Zodiac Signs
- 1 hr ago Your Latest Work-From-Home Fashion Goals Ft. Rasika Dugal
- News Contraband of 750 MDMA tablets from Netherlands seized by NCB at Bangalore, Four arrested
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Uttarakhand In October 2020
- Movies Bani J On Four More Shots Please! Being Nominated For Emmys: Looking Forward To See What Changes
- Sports IPL 2020: KKR vs RR: Kolkata Knight Riders face stern Rajasthan Royals test in Dubai
- Technology Asus ROG Zephyrus Duo 15 Launched In India: Do We Need Dual Screen Gaming Laptops?
- Finance Govt Plans To Sell 25% Stake In LIC In Phases: Report
- Automobiles Ford Endeavour Basecamp Name Trademarked In India: Here Are All Details
- Education CBSE Recruitment Result 2020 Released For Junior Hindi Translator And Accountant Posts
In a tragic incident, a 66-year-old woman died due to severe burns in an operation theatre. The incident took place on 22 December in Floreasca Hospital in Bucharest (Romania) where she was hospitalized due to pancreatic cancer. According to several news reports, the woman had suffered 40% burns in her body which resulted in her death a week later.
The horrendous incident took place when she was undergoing surgical procedures. A week before she was treated with an alcohol-based disinfectant. When the doctors used an electric scalpel to perform surgical procedures, the body suddenly ignited due to the flammable disinfectant in her body, said by medical staff at the Floreasca urgent care hospital.
As soon as the incident took place, the nurse present there managed to pour a bucket of water on her body but till the time, she suffered 40% burns.
"The surgeons should have been aware that it is prohibited to use an alcohol-based disinfectant during surgical procedures performed with an electric scalpel," said deputy minister Horatiu Moldovan while talking to the press.