- 6 hrs ago LFW 2020: Here's What You Can Expect From Amit Aggarwal's Summer Resort Grand Finale Collection
- 6 hrs ago 16 Wholesome Foods To Help Relieve Stress Naturally
- 7 hrs ago How To Recreate Sonam Kapoor’s Stunning Blue Eye Make-up Look With Just 6 Products
- 7 hrs ago Stress And Anxiety During Pregnancy? Here Are Some Helpful Tips
- News Why are wildlife activists upset with Rajinikanth's 'Man vs Wild' episode
- Movies Mohanlal's Ram: The Release Is Postponed!
- Technology Nokia 400 4G Feature Phone With GAFP OS Could Be On Cards
- Sports ICC U19 World Cup: India trounce Australia by 74 runs; enter semifinals
- Automobiles BharatBenz BS-VI Trucks & Buses Revealed With New Connectivity Tech
- Finance 5 Best NRE FD Accounts for NRI’s
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Sikkim In 2020
- Education IIM Bangalore Women In Leadership Course Tanmatra
In a tragic incident, a 66-year-old woman died due to severe burns in an operation theatre. The incident took place on 22 December in Floreasca Hospital in Bucharest (Romania) where she was hospitalized due to pancreatic cancer. According to several news reports, the woman had suffered 40% burns in her body which resulted in her death a week later.
The horrendous incident took place when she was undergoing surgical procedures. A week before she was treated with an alcohol-based disinfectant. When the doctors used an electric scalpel to perform surgical procedures, the body suddenly ignited due to the flammable disinfectant in her body, said by medical staff at the Floreasca urgent care hospital.
As soon as the incident took place, the nurse present there managed to pour a bucket of water on her body but till the time, she suffered 40% burns.
"The surgeons should have been aware that it is prohibited to use an alcohol-based disinfectant during surgical procedures performed with an electric scalpel," said deputy minister Horatiu Moldovan while talking to the press.