- Sports India’s first Global Sports Injury Conclave held in Bengaluru
- Technology Amazon Great Indian Sale 2020: Massive Discounts on Budget Smartphones
- Movies Mohanlal's Ram: Prachi Tehlan's Character Is Revealed!
- News SC to hear Special Leave Petition filed by Nirbhaya's killer Pawan Kumar Gupta on Monday
- Finance Budget 2020: Halwa Ceremony On 20 January
- Automobiles Maruti Suzuki Eeco BS-VI Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 3.81 Lakh
- Education Tanmatra: A Women Leadership Programme From IIM Bangalore
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Delhi In 2020
Besides, Vinordraj, film star and son of Leelavathi, Ramu Kanagal, dancer, son of Puttanna Kanagal were also present on the ocassion. The movie screened on the second day of the festival was 'Naagara Haavu."
The five-day-long Film Festival for elder citizens residing in and around Bangalore is underway amid much fanfare and excitement at the Bal Bhawan Auditorium, Cubbon Park. The film fest which commenced on April 7th with “Bangarada Manushya" featuring legendary Kannada movie icons such as Dr. Rajkumar and Bharathi Vishnuvardhan has been witnessing an increasing turnout of senior citizens from a cross section of the society.
“It is a unique experience for us to watch such films of yesteryears and I truly appreciate Dignity Foundation"s initiative in creating moments of nostalgia in our mind", revealed 71 year old Ranga Raju a resident of Rajajinagar who have decided to take membership of Dignity Donor Privilege Card.
Echoing a similar sentiment, 62-year Vengkatesh revealed such events truly takes one down-through –the memory lane. “Today"s cinema – 'Naagara Haavu" which is directed and acted by legendaries S. R. Puttanna Kanagal and Dr. Vishnuvardhan respectively has simply reminded of my hey days," he added.
The Dignity Film Festival has been revisiting the glory of cinema from the 1950"s to 1970"s by showcasing a mix of Kannada, Hindi and English movies. Interestingly, to signify the glory and fashion statement of the bygone days members of the Dignitary Foundation were attired accordingly.