- Sports I League: Marcus nets Gokulam winner against Churchill
- News 'AAP government tops chart of liars': Amit Shah slams Arvind Kejriwal
- Movies Hina Khan, Mouni Roy, Anita Hassanandani & Others Congratulate Ekta Kapoor For Padma Shri Award
- Technology Benefits Of Amazon Prime Subscription That You Probably Didn't Know
- Automobiles Fiat Stops Production Of 1.3-Litre Multijet Engine: The End Of The Road For India’s Favourite Diesel
- Travel 10 Most Popular Historical Places And Sites In Karnataka
- Finance Top 10 Recurring Deposits with Higher Interest Rates
- Education IIM Bangalore Women In Leadership Course Tanmatra
The 37 years-old actor spent five days in the Central African nation last week, meeting the former child sex slaves and rape survivors as well as the male prisoners, convicted of sex crimes. He wanted to gain a better understanding of the issues facing the locals.
He wants to use his newly gained knowledge to benefit his foundation, which will provide support and grants to those left traumatized by the country's years of conflict to help turn their lives around. The organization also aims to improve the access to health care.
The situation in Eastern Congo has been neglected for far too long - it is one of the worst humanitarian tragedies in the world," says Affleck. “Right now, the attention paid to this crisis doesn"t match the needs of those affected by it. We will raise that attention level, and work with the extraordinary Congolese people who are making a positive difference in their own communities," he adds.
Howard G. Buffet, the son of American investor and philanthropist Warren Buffet, also aids Affleck.