- 3 hrs ago Blenders Pride Fashion Tour Finale 2020: Priyanka Chopra Looks Stunning In GraphicLiner And High Bun
- 5 hrs ago Blenders Pride Fashion Tour 2020 Finale: Priyanka Chopra Jonas Graces The Ramp In A Black Gown
- 5 hrs ago How To Gain Weight In A Healthy Way?
- 11 hrs ago 20 Best Foods Rich In Vitamin K
- Technology Week 9, 2020 Launch Roundup: Samsung Galaxy A71, LG W10 Alpha, Sony Xperia L4, Surface Pro7 And More
- Sports Leicester City 0-1 Manchester City: Jesus strikes late after Aguero penalty miss
- Movies Rupesh Bane From Mumbai Is The Winner Of Dance Plus 5
- News Nationalism, 'Bharat mata ki jai' being misused to construct militant idea of India: Manmohan Singh
- Finance 4 Factors That Could Affect Markets This Week
- Automobiles Urban Mobility Lab Launched In Bangalore By Rocky Mountain Institute And Micelio
- Education Top 20 Universities In Emerging Economies University Rankings 2020
- Travel Top 6 Places To Visit In India To Observe Maha Shivratri!
July 1 is Doctor's Day in India. Doctor's Day is celebrated to remember the valuable services of medicos to human kind and express our gratitude for the dedication and sacrifice of the messengers of life and health.
This day is much relevant and significant in the larger context of health care in this country. July first is celebrated as Doctor's Day only in India. The date varies in different countries. Doctors Day urges us to bend our heads in reverence for a moment before the irreplaceable roles every health care person does in our lives.
On this day, the person remembered in a special way is Dr B C Roy, who with his dedicated service and love towards the society lived for the upliftment of people. The selfless service led him to the political arena and he became leader of Indian National Congress and later the Chief Minister of West Bengal. Dr. Roy passed away on July 1, 1962, on his birthday. Thus today we pay tribute to this great person for his life and service by observing July first as Doctor's Day.
The history of this special day dates back to the 1800's when an American, Dr. Crawford W. Long became the first physician to use anesthesia in an operation that he performed on March 30, 1842. To commemorate this unprecedented event, March 30 was declared as National Doctors Day in the United States.
The official symbol of Doctor's Day is the red carnation which symbolizes love, charity, sacrifice, bravery and courage. In fact these are the synonyms of medical profession or in better words each and every medical professional is demanded to be incarnations of the above said qualities.
Doctor's Day is also a significant day for doctors themselves as it provides them with an opportunity to revitalize and rededicate themselves to the practice of medicine. Also for the public to honour the efforts and skills of committed doctors.