- Sports Euro 2020: Croatia 1-1 Czech Republic: Perisic salvages a point after controversial Schick penalty
- News This Karnataka village is still untouched by India Covid sweep
- Finance 2 Upcoming IPOs In June, July
- Movies Pandya Store Fame Akshay Kharodia Shares Pictures From His Haldi Ceremony On His Social Media
- Automobiles Ampere EV Scooters Prices Drop By Rs 9,000 After FAME 2 Subsidy — Model-Wise Price List
- Technology Xiaomi Mi 11 Lite Color Variants Confirmed; Features, Availability, And More
- Education REET 2021 Exam To Be Held On September 26: Education Minister
- Travel World Picnic Day 2021: 5 Best Picnic Spots To Visit In And Around Bangalore
The government is to launch an exclusive weather channel under a plan to modernise weather forecast in the country.
Though the launch plans have not been finalised, Science and Technology Minister Kapil Sibal said it will be part of a plan to give district-level weather forecast for the entire country.
The Indian Meteorology Department and the National Centre for Medium Range weather Forecasting in Noida are in the process of upgrading machines and manpower, he told a news conference today.
The government will buy super computers and recruit more scientists to create a ''most modern weather forecast system'', he said. The launch of a new Insat-3D satellite will provide the met department with realtime data for predicting weather in a one-km area. The weather channel will be ready around 2010, Mr Sibal said.