- 18 min ago Priyanka Chopra And Nick Jonas Give Couple Goals As They Play Piano Together In Coordinated Outfits
- 33 min ago Bhujangasana (Cobra Pose) For Instant Energy, Belly Fat And Respiratory Ailments
- 1 hr ago 11 Years Of Kambakkht Ishq: Kareena Kapoor's Party-Perfect Dresses From The Film!
- 1 hr ago How To Treat Intertrigo: Safe And Effective Home Remedies
- Finance Gold Price In India Falls Even As Global Rates Remain Steady On Risk-On Sentiment And Firm Rupee
- News PM Modi in Ladakh, Rahul Gandhi fires fresh salvo over border standoff
- Sports No evidence: say Sri Lanka police, close probe into 2011 World Cup final
- Technology LG Rollable Smartphone Coming Soon; Competition For Foldables?
- Movies From Nach Baliye To Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa, Late Choreographer Saroj Khan Judged These Reality Shows
- Automobiles 1,200 Vehicles Fined In Noida For Violating COVID-19 Rules & Regulations
- Travel 10 Incredibly Scenic Places To Visit In South India In July 2020
- Education IIT Madras Launches World’s First Online BSc Degree In Programming And Data Science
The government is to launch an exclusive weather channel under a plan to modernise weather forecast in the country.
Though the launch plans have not been finalised, Science and Technology Minister Kapil Sibal said it will be part of a plan to give district-level weather forecast for the entire country.
The Indian Meteorology Department and the National Centre for Medium Range weather Forecasting in Noida are in the process of upgrading machines and manpower, he told a news conference today.
The government will buy super computers and recruit more scientists to create a ''most modern weather forecast system'', he said. The launch of a new Insat-3D satellite will provide the met department with realtime data for predicting weather in a one-km area. The weather channel will be ready around 2010, Mr Sibal said.