- 7 min ago Disha Patani And Other Divas Make A Fashionable Splash With Their Latest Magazine Covers
- 24 min ago This All-Natural Henna Hair Dye Is The Only Remedy You Need For Your Grey Hair
- 37 min ago Ranveer Singh Rocks Two Extremely Different Outfits, Which One Did You Like More?
- 1 hr ago Katrina Kaif Or Janhvi Kapoor, Who Looked More Glamourous In The Sparkling Sari?
- News One person, one gun: Govt moves further changes to Arms Amendment Bill
- Movies Shahid Kapoor Reveals His Reaction After Watching Nani's 'Jersey': 'I Cried Four Times'
- Sports Joining Kobe, LeBron as 50-point Laker 'humbling' for Davis
- Technology Airtel Might Become Foreign Entity As Bharti Telecom Seeks Government Nod
- Finance Bharat Bond ETF Public Issue To Open On December 12
- Automobiles Yamaha R15 V3.0 BS-VI Launched In India At Rs 1.45 Lakh With Lower Power & Torque Figures
- Education TOEFL Go! Global: A Mobile App From ETS To Stand Out In Exam
- Travel A Brief Travel Guide For Solo Travellers To Conquer South India
The passion to raise pigeons dates back to more than 6000 years in history. Pet pigeons are not only adorable but also lovable in nature. It is believed that the lives of pigeons and humans have been interconnected throughout the ages. Therefore there is always a connection between humans and this delicate bird. A pet pigeon not only becomes your pet, but also becomes your best and greatest feathered friend.
Today, pigeons are no longer a nuisance when it comes to rearing them as pets at home. Adopting or raising an adult pet pigeon has become popular around the world. The beauty and charm which this little bird emits will surely change the quality of life you lead. Therefore, it is the right time to bring a new member into your family, a pet pigeon. Here are some bird care tips to follow.
When it comes to feeding, your pet pigeon needs to be hand fed. Small amount of bird seed should be placed in the palm of your hand, for a young pigeon. For an adult pigeon, a small tray with bird seed will do. The best food for your pigeon would be cracked corn, grains, wheat and chick peas. Note- Pigeons do not eat big amount of food, example apples cut in big slices.
These birds are usually left to fly around freely. If you cage an adult pet pigeon, you need to get a big wired cages so that it has enough space to move freely. It is also important to keep the surrounding of the cage free so that it does not invite visitors like ants and other insects which usually ply on waste food.
Young pigeons or any bird for that matter loves water. A small bird bath is vitally important to be kept at reach. Change the water once in two weeks. This helps in keeping mosquitoes from breeding.
Young or adult Pigeons are intelligent birds. They become very loyal to its keeper and their affection towards their keeper is at times unconditional. So, it is important you look after these adorable creatures and follow these basic bird care tips.