- 20 min ago A Nutritionist's View On Work From Home And Your Health, And A Sample Meal Plan
- 59 min ago National Handloom Day 2020: Kangana Ranaut’s Handloom Sarees Are Worth-Investing In
- 3 hrs ago On National Handloom Day 2020, Vidya Balan Gives Us Handloom Goal With A Pretty Mustard Saree
- 5 hrs ago Janmashtami 2020: Quotes, Wishes And Messages To Share On This Day
- Movies Drishyam 2 Director Makes Big Revelation About Mohanlal’s Overgrown Beard
- Sports COVID-19: Chirag-Satwik to wait for 2 weeks before deciding on attending camp in Hyderabad
- News Kerala Landslide: PM Modi expresses grief at loss of lives, announces Rs 2 Lakh compensation
- Automobiles 2020 Mahindra Thar Interiors Spotted Ahead Of Unveil On August 15: Spy Pics & Other Details
- Technology Amazon Prime Day 2020 Sale Special Offers On Smartphones
- Finance RBI To Offer Offline Payments Via Cards, Wallets, Mobiles: Here's How It Works
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit Near Delhi In August 2020
- Education Kargil Vijay Diwas Quotes In English For Students
Tired of feeding regular fish food to your fish every day? Bring a change in the diet of your fish by adding few alternatives to your fish food. What can you feed your lovely pet apart from the ready made fish food available in the market? Find out few healthy alternatives for fish food that can be given to both predatory and herbivore fish.
Alternatives for fish food:
Earthworms: You can take a break from those small fish balls and feed earthworms to your colourful aquatic pets. Fish love to eat earthworms and these are filling too. If you are too lazy to go out and buy from market, raise them at home and then give to your aquatic pet.
Lettuce: This green leafy vegetable are loved by fish. You can cut the lettuce into small pieces and add in your fish tank. Within minutes your fish will eat all the pieces. Be careful as some of the fish are allergic to this leafy veggie. If your fish becomes lazy, then stop giving lettuce. You can feed frozen or boiled lettuce so that your fish can eat easily. Make sure that it is not left in water for more than 2 hours as it can pollute the water if it rots.
Boiled rice: Fish loves to eat boiled rice. Even frozen rice is appreciated by these aquatic pets. Defrost the rice before feeding your fish. This is another easy alternative for fish food. Shockingly, fish can also have boiled pasta. So, next time you prepare rice or pasta, drop few pieces in the fish tank.
Sprouts: It is another alternative for fish food. Algae and plecos fish love to eat Brussels sprouts. For a change, feed frozen sprouts to your pet. You can soak the sprouts overnight or boil them before feeding. Defrost the sprouts to ensure good health of your lovely aquatic pet. Sprouts sink in the water so leave over night for the plecos to feed.
Fish fillets: Predatory fish love to eat frozen fish fillets. Always defrost the fish fillets before feeding. Fatty fish fillets can be harmful for your pet so, choose healthy fish fillets.
Peas: Boiled peas are loved by fish. It is one healthy alternative for fish food. Even frozen peas can be used to feed the aquatic pet.
These are few alternatives for fish food which can be given at times to your pet.