- 11 min ago Top 10 Vegetables To Relieve Constipation
- 41 min ago Kajol's Dupatta Is Sangeet-Perfect And Her Look Test For Tanhaji Has All Our Attention
- 51 min ago Remembering Lala Lajpat Rai On His 155th Birth Anniversary: Lesser Known Facts About Him
- 56 min ago The Forgotten Army Actress Sharvari's Latest Fashion Roundup Is A Must For All The Fashionistas
- Automobiles MG ZS Electric SUV Deliveries Begin: First Vehicle Delivered To EESL
- Movies Varun Dhawan Starrer Street Dancer 3D Creates Waves At The Box Office, Performs Incredibly Well!
- Sports IPL 2020 final likely to be held at Sardar Patel Stadium in Ahmedabad
- Finance Govt To Release Report Card On ‘Smart Cities’ In June
- Technology Future Apple Mac Could Be Built Using Curved Sheet Of Glass
- News Coronavirus scare: Kerala CM writes to PM seeking special flight to airlift stranded Indians
- Travel 10 Most Popular Historical Places And Sites In Karnataka
- Education IIM Bangalore Women In Leadership Course Tanmatra
The previous owners initially trained the web-footed Portuguese water dog to herd fish into nets along the Algarve coast.
Bo's breed name in Portuguese is Cao d'Agua, meaning "water dog"
The first description of the breed can be seen in the diary of a monk, written in 1297. In the diary, he mentions about a dog with a "black coat of rough hair", who drags a dying sailor out of the water.
The breed used to carry messages from ship to ship during the Spanish armada.
It is in the list of rarest pedigree from 1960s.
The average life expectancy of a Portuguese water dog is 12-15 years.
The breed sheds less hair than other breeds, releasing less of the allergy-causing protein.
Some experts say the poodle; Kerry blue terrier and Irish water spaniel descend from the Portuguese water dog.