- 1 hr ago Labyrinthitis: Types, Causes, Symptoms, Diagnosis And Treatment
- 2 hrs ago Can Diabetics Donate Blood? Everything You Need To Know
- 2 hrs ago Q-Rious 2019: A Corporate Networking Event For LGBTQ+ Community Is Going To Be Held In Delhi
- 2 hrs ago Malavika Mohanan Makes Us Want To Up Our Dress Game With Casual Outfits
- News Sikkim State Lotteries Diwali Bumper: Small Businessman from WB wins first prize of Rs 5 Crore
- Movies Bigg Boss 13 Day 46 - Will Mahira and Paras be the next duo to part ways in the Bigg Boss house?
- Sports IPL 2020: Sunrisers Hyderabad release Shakib, Yusuf: List of released, retained players, purse for IPL auction
- Finance Why Did Bharti Airtel Shares Gain In Trade On Friday Despite Massive Q2 Loss?
- Travel Jabalpur - A Dream Destination For All Seasons
- Technology Vodafone Idea's ARPU Declines To Rs.107 During Q2FY20
- Automobiles Jawa Perak Launched In India At Rs 1.94 Lakh: New Bobber-Style Jawa To Rival RE Classic 350
- Education Delhi Nursery Admission 2020-21: Explore Admission Schedule And Registration Details
We can hardly have a meal without using potatoes. Be it a curry, bread, snack or fried foods, we use potatoes in almost everything. Potatoes are a rich source of proteins, carbohydrates, potassium, thiamine, folate, magnesium, vitamins B6, C etc. Did you know the potatoes can also have some other uses apart from this? Think ahead of cooking and try to use potatoes for cleaning.
Here are few surprising uses of potatoes and their association with cleaning.
5 Surprising Uses of Potatoes:
Removes rust: Iron showpieces or knife are prone to getting rust. Rust forms when the metal absorbs moisture or is washed in water. Rust can spoil the iron piece completely so use potatoes to clean the metal showpieces at home. Potatoes contain oxalic acid that dissolves rust. Cut the potato (lengthwise or crosswise) with a knife and rub on the rust. The potato juice cuts rust and cleans the iron. You can also dip the potato piece in soapy solution or sprinkle baking soda to remove stubborn rust from iron items like pans, knife, showpieces, grills etc.
Clean glass: Glass gets dirty very easily. You might have tried wet newspaper, cloth piece, soapy solution etc to clean glass but nothing works wonder. Now try this inexpensive and simple way to clean a glass. If you have glass windows and want to clean them at one go, rub a raw potato slice. Follow up with a clean cloth piece.
Picks up broken glass pieces: When a glass breaks, it shatter into pieces. It becomes really difficult to pick up these small pieces from the floor or carpet. You might hurt yourself during this exercise even after wearing gloves. If you try to vacuum, the blade can't reach nook and corner. So, just cut a potato lengthwise and then rub on the place where glass waws broken. The glass will get embedded in the potato and you can take them out easily.
Flower holder: Want the flowers inside your vase to stand straight without using flower foam? Then just poke some small holes in raw potatoes using a skewer or knife. Fix the flower stems and keep inside the flower vase. Your flower stems will stand is a beautiful posture.
Cleans silverware: Tarnish can damage your expensive silver items at home. You can wash them with toothpaste or lemon and baking soda. However, rubbing a raw potato can clean the tarnish and bring back the shine in silver items. You can also use the water used for boiling potatoes. Soak the silverware in the water used for boiling potatoes for about 20 minutes and see the tarnish dissolve.
These are the few surprising uses of potatoes that can help in cleaning. Potatoes are inexpensive and these ideas can help you have a better and clean home.