- 1 hr ago Benefits Of Pranayama: This Yoga That Can Reverse Molecular Mechanism Of Skin Aging
- 2 hrs ago Budh Gochar 2022 : Mercury Transit in Sagittarius on 03 December 2022 Effects And Remedies On 12 Zodiac Signs
- 3 hrs ago 5 Common Infections In Children And What Parents Can Do About It
- 5 hrs ago 7 Foods That Have The Biggest Impact On Blood Sugar Levels
- Automobiles 2023 TVS Apache RTR 160 4V Special Edition Launched At Rs 1.30 Lakh – Sports Bullpup Exhaust
- Movies Gold Promotions: Alphonse Puthren & Team Decide Less Is More
- Sports FIFA World Cup 2022: England defender misses training due to illness, midfielder comes back
- News Delhi advocate files complaint against Israeli filmmaker Lapid for calling 'The Kashmir Files' vulgar
- Education DU PG Admission 2022: Schedule Released; Check Here
- Technology Samsung Galaxy S23 Series Launching In February; Everything We Know So Far
- Finance New Dividends: 2 Stocks Fix Record Date For Payment Of Interim Dividend
- Travel List of Top Places For Workation In North East India
We can hardly have a meal without using potatoes. Be it a curry, bread, snack or fried foods, we use potatoes in almost everything. Potatoes are a rich source of proteins, carbohydrates, potassium, thiamine, folate, magnesium, vitamins B6, C etc. Did you know the potatoes can also have some other uses apart from this? Think ahead of cooking and try to use potatoes for cleaning.
Here are few surprising uses of potatoes and their association with cleaning.
5 Surprising Uses of Potatoes:
Removes rust: Iron showpieces or knife are prone to getting rust. Rust forms when the metal absorbs moisture or is washed in water. Rust can spoil the iron piece completely so use potatoes to clean the metal showpieces at home. Potatoes contain oxalic acid that dissolves rust. Cut the potato (lengthwise or crosswise) with a knife and rub on the rust. The potato juice cuts rust and cleans the iron. You can also dip the potato piece in soapy solution or sprinkle baking soda to remove stubborn rust from iron items like pans, knife, showpieces, grills etc.
Clean glass: Glass gets dirty very easily. You might have tried wet newspaper, cloth piece, soapy solution etc to clean glass but nothing works wonder. Now try this inexpensive and simple way to clean a glass. If you have glass windows and want to clean them at one go, rub a raw potato slice. Follow up with a clean cloth piece.
Picks up broken glass pieces: When a glass breaks, it shatter into pieces. It becomes really difficult to pick up these small pieces from the floor or carpet. You might hurt yourself during this exercise even after wearing gloves. If you try to vacuum, the blade can't reach nook and corner. So, just cut a potato lengthwise and then rub on the place where glass waws broken. The glass will get embedded in the potato and you can take them out easily.
Flower holder: Want the flowers inside your vase to stand straight without using flower foam? Then just poke some small holes in raw potatoes using a skewer or knife. Fix the flower stems and keep inside the flower vase. Your flower stems will stand is a beautiful posture.
Cleans silverware: Tarnish can damage your expensive silver items at home. You can wash them with toothpaste or lemon and baking soda. However, rubbing a raw potato can clean the tarnish and bring back the shine in silver items. You can also use the water used for boiling potatoes. Soak the silverware in the water used for boiling potatoes for about 20 minutes and see the tarnish dissolve.
These are the few surprising uses of potatoes that can help in cleaning. Potatoes are inexpensive and these ideas can help you have a better and clean home.
- improvementClean A Washing Machine With Vinegar And Baking Soda In 3 Steps!
- skin care6 Reasons Why You Should Wash Your Face At Night
- wellness10 Healthy Foods That Cleanse The Colon
- decor10 Things In Your Home You Never Clean, But You Should
- improvementDIY Toothpaste Tricks To Keep Your House Clean
- improvementQuick Tips On Keeping The Kitchen Clean
- improvementHow To Prepare Your Home For Holi
- improvementCleaning Your House With Borax
- improvementSmart Tips To Make Your House Dust-Free
- decorSimple Cleaning Tricks For Rooms
- improvementHow To Keep Bathroom Clean All The Time
- improvementPrecautions To Take While Using Acid For Cleaning