For Quick Alerts
For Daily Alerts
- 4 hrs ago Ram Mandir Bhoomi Poojan: Narendra Modi Lays The First Brick And Says It’s A Golden Day
- 5 hrs ago 7 Amazing Health Benefits Of Psyllium Husk (Isabgol) You Should Know
- 6 hrs ago We Are Sure You Would Want To Bookmark Dia Mirza’s Cotton Muslin Jamdani Saree
- 7 hrs ago Grooming Kit For Women: 10 Products That Are Absolute Essentials
- Sports Hamilton hunting history in part two at Silverstone
- News Beirut explosion: Death toll rises to 113; Two-week state of emergency declared
- Finance 5 Obstacles In Claiming Health Insurance For COVID-19 Treatment
- Movies Aly Goni Opens Up About His Decision To Resume Work Amid The Ongoing COVID-19 Crisis
- Technology Samsung Galaxy Buds Live Unveiled With Active Noise Cancellation; Worthy Upgrade?
- Automobiles Car Sales Report For July 2020: Hyundai Creta Outsells Kia Seltos For Third Month In A Row
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Himachal Pradesh In August 2020
- Education Kargil Vijay Diwas Quotes In English For Students
Ways Of Removing Oil Stains From Walls
- White Vinegar- Dip a sponge, in white vinegar. Remove the excess liquid, so that the sponge becomes damp and does not get soggy. Rub the sponge, over your stained walls until the stains are no more visible. This method will help you clean your walls and remove oil stains easily. Dampen a clean sponge, to remove the vinegar off your walls. Wipe your walls with a dry cloth.
- Cornstarch- Create a paste with water and cornstarch. Use three spoons of cornstarch in water. Spread the paste on the stained walls and allow the paste to settle for several minutes. Wipe the paste off using a damp cloth; repeat the process till oil stains are removed. This method is a very useful home improvement tip and can help you get rid of dirty walls.
- Heat- You can get rid of oil from your walls using this method. Set an iron on lowest setting and allow it to preheat for few minutes. Fold some paper towels into a small stack. Hold the paper towels over the stained walls using one hand and rub the iron over the paper towels, using the other hand. Rub the iron several times to remove stains, from your walls. Make sure you do not rub your walls with the heated iron plate. Be careful of your hand while rubbing the iron. The hot iron will warm up the oil and the paper towels will absorb it. Repeat till you have cleaned your walls and wash it with warm soapy water. Rinse your walls with a damp cloth and dry it with a towel.
- Paint To Remove Oil Stains- If you have oil stains all over your walls, then it can get difficult to remove. One of the ways to clean your walls is, to keep a touch up paint, of the same colour as your walls. Emulsion paint usually does not remove stains, but there is a way to do it. Wash your fragile walls, with warm soapy water. Paint with an undercoat, which is oil based and then let it dry. Then paint your oil stained walls with original colour. This works because an oil undercoat seals the surface and prevents oil from coming through emulsion paints.
These home improvement tips can be very useful to clean your walls.
GET THE BEST BOLDSKY STORIES!
You have already subscribed
Story first published: Wednesday, March 28, 2012, 15:23 [IST]