For Quick Alerts
For Daily Alerts
- 10 min ago Hina Khan’s Party-Perfect Look In Stylish Hoodie, Shorts, And Silver Boots Turns On Our Disco Mood
- 55 min ago Gandhi Jayanti 2020: Inspiring Quotes By Mahatma Gandhi That Will Empower You
- 1 hr ago The Best Ways To Manage An Oily T-Zone
- 2 hrs ago 15 Warning Signs And Symptoms Of Diabetes In Women Above 40
- Movies Anurag Kashyap Reaches Versova Police Station For Questioning In Sexual Assault Case
- News Hathras gang-rape case: Akhilesh Yadav slams Centre, says BJP is showing its true colours
- Finance IndusInd Bank Top Index Gainer, Brokerages See Up To 26% Upside
- Technology How To Get Free Bose QC35 II Headphones With Google Pixel 4a 5G, Pixel 5?
- Sports Rajasthan Royals failed to adapt to a slow pitch: Robin Uthappa
- Education RBSE 12th Supplementary Result 2020 Declared
- Automobiles Mini Convertible Sidewalk Edition Launched In India: Priced At Rs 44.90 Lakh
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Kerala In October 2020
Ways Of Removing Oil Stains From Walls
- White Vinegar- Dip a sponge, in white vinegar. Remove the excess liquid, so that the sponge becomes damp and does not get soggy. Rub the sponge, over your stained walls until the stains are no more visible. This method will help you clean your walls and remove oil stains easily. Dampen a clean sponge, to remove the vinegar off your walls. Wipe your walls with a dry cloth.
- Cornstarch- Create a paste with water and cornstarch. Use three spoons of cornstarch in water. Spread the paste on the stained walls and allow the paste to settle for several minutes. Wipe the paste off using a damp cloth; repeat the process till oil stains are removed. This method is a very useful home improvement tip and can help you get rid of dirty walls.
- Heat- You can get rid of oil from your walls using this method. Set an iron on lowest setting and allow it to preheat for few minutes. Fold some paper towels into a small stack. Hold the paper towels over the stained walls using one hand and rub the iron over the paper towels, using the other hand. Rub the iron several times to remove stains, from your walls. Make sure you do not rub your walls with the heated iron plate. Be careful of your hand while rubbing the iron. The hot iron will warm up the oil and the paper towels will absorb it. Repeat till you have cleaned your walls and wash it with warm soapy water. Rinse your walls with a damp cloth and dry it with a towel.
- Paint To Remove Oil Stains- If you have oil stains all over your walls, then it can get difficult to remove. One of the ways to clean your walls is, to keep a touch up paint, of the same colour as your walls. Emulsion paint usually does not remove stains, but there is a way to do it. Wash your fragile walls, with warm soapy water. Paint with an undercoat, which is oil based and then let it dry. Then paint your oil stained walls with original colour. This works because an oil undercoat seals the surface and prevents oil from coming through emulsion paints.
These home improvement tips can be very useful to clean your walls.
GET THE BEST BOLDSKY STORIES!
You have already subscribed
Story first published: Wednesday, March 28, 2012, 15:23 [IST]