Tips to clean the kitchen after feasts:
- Clean the leftover from the plates immediately so that it doesn't dry.
- Fill the kitchen sink with soap water and soak the used utensils for 30 minutes. This helps easily clean the dry utensils. If you have a dishwasher, start with your first lot of utensils.
- Start with the small dishes like spoons, cups and bowls and then move on to plates. If you are washing both glass and steel utensils, wash them separately to avoid unwanted cracks in glass dishes.
- Use a soft sponge for glass utensils and scrubber sponge for stainless steel dishes.
- Use enough amount of dish wash liquid to avoid getting smell from the utensils even after washing.
- Wash the pans and pots at the end. This requires extra work. It is best to soak them in hot water overnight. You can use baking soda with vinegar to remove stains easily.
- Wet the kitchen slab with water and sprinkle washing powder over it. Use a scrub and gently remove the stains. Do the same with the tiles. You can also wet cloth with soap to clean the tiles.
- Never leave the gas stove. Clean the stove with dish washing liquid. It is best to clean the stove few hours after cooking to avoid burning hands.
- Sweep the kitchen floor after cleaning the kitchen slabs and utensils. After the feast cleaning kitchen is a must to avoid getting unwanted stains.
- If you are tired to wash the kitchen floor after the feast, wet the utensils and wash it in the morning. It is best to remove the dirt and stains from kitchen slab rather than leaving it overnight.
Use these tips to clean kitchen after feasts.
For Quick Alerts
For Daily Alerts
Story first published: Friday, September 2, 2011, 17:13 [IST]