- just now How To Get Pink Lips Naturally At Home
- 20 min ago Are You Pregnant? 15 Symptoms To Watch Out For
- 50 min ago This Bride Flaunting Her Self-Designed Lehenga Is The Best Thing You Will See On The Internet
- 1 hr ago Varun Dhawan And Natasha Dalal's Marriage Location Revealed And Here Are Designers They Can Consider
- Movies Rangoli Chandel Insults Karan Johar As He Praises Kangana Ranaut & Extends An Olive Branch To Her
- News Cabinet approves raising abortion upper limit to 24 weeks; bill to be tabled in next Parl session
- Finance ICICI Bank Introduces ‘iBox' For Self-Service Delivery Of Debit, Credit Cards, Cheques
- Sports Premier Badminton League: Pune 7 Aces take on Chennai Superstarz
- Technology HyperX Fury Ultra Gaming Mouse Pad With 360-Degree RGB Lighting Launched In India
- Automobiles Renault Kwid BS6 Launched In India: Prices Start At Rs 2.92 Lakh
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Sikkim In 2020
- Education IIM Bangalore Women In Leadership Course Tanmatra
Potted plants are both easy to maintain and convenient for a small indoor garden. Most of us live in apartments these days. There is no extra space in an apartment for gardening. The only space you can utilise in an apartment for a garden is the balcony. That is why balcony gardens are greatly in vogue these days.
Due to the constraints of space, potted plants are best suited for balcony gardens. The balcony is a unique location for a garden. It is neither totally indoor nor outdoor. It gets sunlight at some times of the day, but its mostly indirect sunlight. But shade loving plants are ideal for the balcony garden.
Keeping shade loving potted plants in your balcony can make a green spot in your balcony. In this way, the mud and dirt from the garden does not come into the house but you still have a lovely garden to be proud of. Potted plants require lesser space and are easy to maintain, therefore, gardening effort reduces a great deal.
Here are some of the potted plants best suited for your balcony garden.
Basil is a holy pant in India and almost every Hindu household has a potted basil in their courtyard. Basil is a quick growing plant but if it is pruned properly, its growth can be restricted to the appropriate limit of a potted plant.
The Boston fern is a miniature variety of fern. This variety of fern grows like a shrub and that is ideally suited for a potted plant.
Roses are versatile plants that can grow both indoors and outdoors. Winters are the best time for the blooming of roses. Make sure they get at least a few hours of sunlight every day.
The English ivy is a fast growing climbing pant. But you can easily plant it in a plastic container and then hang it. The ivy will spread across the walls and add lots of green foliage to your balcony.
Peace lilies are typically indoor plants. But if you have a very shady spot in your balcony, you can keep your potted peace lily there. Just make sure it is away from direct sunlight all the time.
Spider plants make great potted plants due to their texture. You can easily keep then in hanging containers or use them as foliage plants in your balcony garden.
Azaleas are flowering bushes. They can grow into very bushy shrubs. However, if they are well pruned, they make great bottled plants. Azaleas can tolerate moderate sunlight.
Coleus is a very attractive looking plant as its leaves are shaded. It comes in shades of red, white and green. Coleus plants do not grow very tall and they are easy to maintain potted plants.
Columbine is a plant that has whistle-shaped flowers. They are medium sized shrubs and can be easily planted in containers.
Bamboo is probably the most versatile plants in the world. It can tolerate harsh sunlight and also sustain in low light. Potted bamboo plants tend to grow tall depending on how much sunlight they get.