- 25 min ago Rama Raksha Stotra: Origin, Rituals, Benefits And A Totke( Upay) For Prosperity
- 2 hrs ago Doja Cat's Faux Mustache And Beard Look Reads Quirky At PFW 2023, Pics!
- 3 hrs ago Bitter Foods For Babies: Is It Healthy? How To Get Your Baby To Eat Bitter Foods? List Of Safe Foods
- 4 hrs ago Huma Qureshi's Monochrome Outfit Is All About Acing Casual Chic Style, Pics!
- Movies Apni He Karni Ka Phal…: Father Of Bigg Boss 16’s Sumbul Is Proud Of How She Tackled Controversies
- Finance HDFC Life Policyholders- Now Pay Policy Premiums Using NPCI's UPI 123PAY
- Sports FA Cup Live Streaming: Manchester United vs Reading Live Online, TV Telecast
- Automobiles Ather 450 Range Of Electric Scooters To Get New Features – Atherstack 5.0 Update Coming Soon
- News Several attempts made to break India, but no one could finish it, says PM Modi
- Travel Before You Turn 30 Try These ‘Offbeat’ Water Sports In India
- Technology Samsung Galaxy S23 Series Indian Prices Leak: Accessories For Flagship Android Phones Surface Too
- Education How to begin a Career in Dubbing / Voice Over in India
While decorating dream homes, all we try to do is adding a decor that is timeless. We look for something that is appealing aesthetic-wise and durable enough to last a lifetime. On social media and in magazines, we often come across high-end homes and decor that are very hard to miss out and we even crave to have something similar for our homes.
Skipping to wooden flooring, they are a hot trend in Indian markets right now and also one of the easiest ways to get your home updated and add a regal vibe to it. Be it hardwood, bamboo wood or engineered wood or laminated wood; options are endless and choosing any one from them can be a challenging task.
Firstly, check whether is easily manageable and suitable for your home. Hardwood can be cleaned easily and it can be roughly used without many problems, It is of a very durable variety, and can be refinished many times. It involves heavy labour to install,
It is climate incompatible though! It is suitable for places like Bangalore or Northeastern states of India where the weather is quite clement and the heat, tolerable. Otherwise, under tropical conditions, it is unable to retain heat and might shrink or expand, making it uncomfortable to install it in highly warmer places.
2. Engineered Wood
It has lasting stability over time and can suit any area of your house. Engineered hardwood flooring can only be sanded and refinished once or twice, at its best.
Climate sustainability wise, engineered wood is good for humid places like Mumbai or Kolkata as it resists moisture very well. This can be installed very quickly.
3. Laminated Wood
The name itself suggests it is not wood but a synthetic material that looks like wood and it is laminated as well. When the floor is wet it can be slippery but it resists stains very well.
They are agreeable to warm climates as they are cold underneath the feet. So people living in Rajasthan, Haryana, Uttar Pradesh and Madhya Pradesh can certainly consider it. The installation is also extremely simple.
4. Bamboo Wood
You may not believe it, but Bamboo is just similar to Hardwood and is an ultra-durable flooring option to invest in. It is also eco-friendly and suits modern homes. Easy to install, and because it is of bamboo origin, it is hypoallergenic.
Except for extremely warm places, Bamboo is friendly in most weather conditions. But it comes with a warning. You need to ensure uniform sunlight by frequently moving your furniture. It is easy to install.
How To Care For Your Wooden Flooring:
- Do not use soap or detergent to wash the floors as it would upset the flooring finish.
- Vacuuming and sweeping are a much better options to clean the floor.
- Place a doormat outside the bathroom so that you don't make the floor wet as you step out.
- Venetian blinds are also a good option to use as they protect the flooring from excessive sunlight as it also ages the wood.
- Wooden Flooring should be polished once a year so that termites can be avoided.
- wellnessWhy Do We Always Get Cold Or Flu In Cold Weather?
- wellnessBangalore Will Get Colder In The Coming Days: Here’s How You Can Stay Warm!
- wellnessUnstable Weather And Heavy Rains Leave Bangaloreans Feeling Feverish With A Sore Throat - Here's Why
- fashion trendsFrom January To December, What Colour Outfit To Wear Based On Each Month's Weather?
- wellnessExperts Warns; Cold Weather Bad For Heart Patients
- wellnessCold Weather, Fewer Sun Hours Increase Alcoholic Cirrhosis
- wellnessWeather Change: Foods That Help In Boosting Immunity & Prevent Infections
- pulseCyclones That Hit India Recently
- wellnessSay Goodbye to Illness During Bad Weather, Have These 20 Foods To Boost Immunity
- body careTips For Healthy Nails
- diet fitness10 Things To Do Before Workouts
- insyncIndian Coast Guard Day 2023: Quotes, Notes, Messages, WIshes, Whatsapp Statuses To Keep You Inspired