- 23 min ago Rath Saptami 2023: Dos And Donts To Be Followed On This Day
- 1 hr ago Rath Saptami 2023: Wishes, Quotes, Messages, Images, FB And WhatsApp Statuses For Your Collection
- 2 hrs ago Viagra May Reduce Heart Attack Risk In Men; Is Impotence A Warning Sign Of Heart Disease?
- 3 hrs ago When Lord Sri Ramachandra Sent Food To Swami Vivekananda: Know The Story Behind This
- Sports ILT20: Sharjah Warriors beat Abu Dhabi Knight Riders; Player of the Match, Full List of Award Winners
- News 'Mantra of unity' the antidote to divisive forces: PM Modi at NCC rally
- Movies Rakhi Sawant Mother Death: Jaya Bheda Passes Away After Being Diagnosed With Brain Tumour
- Finance HDFC Securities Initiates Coverage On Hotel Sector, Picks 2 Stocks Offering Return Up To 50%, Buy
- Automobiles Maruti Suzuki Alto K10 Xtra Edition Debuts – Launch Soon
- Education Three Grievance Appellate Committees GACs Notified on the recently amended "IT Rules 2021"
- Travel Before You Turn 30 Try These ‘Offbeat’ Water Sports In India
- Technology Samsung Galaxy S23 Series Indian Prices Leak: Accessories For Flagship Android Phones Surface Too
A coffee table is one of the most essential and functional pieces of furniture you think of investing in when setting up a home. Your seating arrangement will practically remain incomplete if you don't place a coffee table in front of the couch or sofa. From the TV remote, and newspapers to coffee mugs, a coffee table serves as a useful and handy surface. Now, when it comes to selecting a coffee table for your space, you need to certainly think beyond the colour and style of the same to make it work dually - functional as well as a decor piece!
Here are 6 best tips to choose a perfect coffee table that can make it an attractive and valuable piece of furniture:
Before selecting the coffee table, eyeball the available space in your living room or seating zone. Always consider the distance between a couch and a coffee table. Ideally, the distance should be such that you should reach for the stuff kept on the coffee table easily and be able to stretch your legs. Around a 15- 18 inches gap is considered ideal.
Primarily, the size of the coffee table depends upon two prime factors - the size of the chosen space or room and the size of the sitting arrangement i.e.couch. Also, the height of the coffee table matters too. So, ideally, you must select a coffee table with a width of two-thirds the length of your sofa and a height of no lower than 1 or 2 inches of the height of the sofa. Go for a coffee table that looks proportionate enough with your other furniture pieces.
Apart from the size, the shape of the coffee table matters too. It very well depends upon what type of sofa you own or plan to buy. For instance, for a large or L-shaped couch, a rectangular coffee table makes the correct choice. For a compact sitting arrangement, a square shape coffee table can be accommodated easily.
For kids or a pet-friendly atmosphere, a round-shaped coffee table (with no sharp edges or corners) will make a practical choice. The overlapped coffee table set is also a cool choice when space constraint is the prime concern!
Nowadays coffee tables are available in various material options. From glass, wooden, brass, steel, and acrylic to bamboo; you can select a coffee table that matches your style, preference, and budget. For instance, a bamboo-made coffee table is an economical choice and looks great if you plan to give a boho, eclectic vibe to the room.
It is pretty necessary that you follow the existing or future design style of your living room or chosen space where you plan to add the coffee table. You can select from different styles i.e.modern, contemporary, boho, vintage, and more. For example, in a contemporary-styled room, a sleek metal table with a stone or glass top appears fabulous. Similarly, in a traditional setup, a coffee table featuring lovely carving would make an apt choice!
The primary function of any coffee table is to work as a practical surface to place or add essential things i.e.coffee mug, and magazines. So, always consider the functionality point before selecting the coffee table. Checklist a few key points like will the coffee table will serve purposes like functional or decorative or both? So, if storage is your prime requirement, then pick a coffee table with drawers and shelves. Also, if a decorative coffee table is what you are looking for then pick one with an attractive, offbeat shape or style.
- decorEasy Guide To Style A Bookshelf
- decorModern Interior Design - Everything You Should Know About The New-Age Interior Style
- decorAn Easy Guide For Decorating A Foyer
- decor6 Decor Tips To Add A Luxurious Vibe To Your Living Room
- decorEasy Tips To Style Your Couch Like An Interior Expert
- decor7 Best Tips For Selecting The Right Sofa For Your Space
- decor5 Easy Tips To Style Your Coffee Table
- decor6 Best Ideas To Decorate With Greenery In Your Home
- decorBigg Boss 16 ‘Circus Theme’ House Reflects Bold Colours, Effervescent Patterns, And Eclectic Vibe
- improvementHow To Get Rid Of Stains, Mold And Grime On Bathroom Tiles
- gardeningTulsi, Money Plant, Bamboo: 6 Best Indoor Plants For The Home According To Vastu
- home n gardenHow To Check Your Gas Cylinder Level With A Wet Cloth Trick