- 3 hrs ago What Are The Reasons Behind Your Frequent Headaches?
- 10 hrs ago How To Contour Nose: Step-By-Step Tutorial For Beginners
- 12 hrs ago Independence Day 2020: Perfect Ethnic Outfits For The Special Occasion From B-Town Divas’ Wardrobe
- 13 hrs ago Independence Day 2020: Jewellery Goals From Leading Actresses For Stay-at-Home Independence Day
- Movies Hina Khan Opens Up About Saying Yes To Naagin 5 And The Criticism Meted Out To The Series
- Sports MS Dhoni retires: Sourav Ganguly says an era has ended
- News Pawar's censure of Parth is `family matter': Fadnavis
- Finance 9 Simple Measures To Fix Error In Your Income Tax Return
- Automobiles Kevin Raahul Enters Asia Book Of Records After Identifying 150 Car Logos In One Minute
- Travel Indians Visiting Nepal Will Now Have To Show Their ID cards
- Technology NVIDIA GeForce Special Event Announced; What To Expect?
- Education Independence Day Q And A: Test Your Knowledge On The Indian Independence Struggle
Water is definitely the most important source for human sustenance. There is obviously nothing better than quenching your thirst with a glass of crystal-clear water.
But did you ever realize that there is a right and wrong way to drink water?
Yeah, we know it's kind of bizarre, but sadly, this is the truth. Some of the questions that we need to ask ourself before we start is, do we have a travel-size bottle to carry, do we drink water before meals to eat less? Do we need to often pee in the dead of night?
If the answer is Yes, then, it's time that you stop drowning your world in water. Experts have warned that too much water can take you close to the danger zone.
You can start experiencing things like low metabolism, low thought clarity, insomnia, headaches, shift in blood pressure levels as well as emotional mood swings.
In this way, water can indeed play a havoc on the mental and physical well-being of a person.
You don't have to necessarily drink 8 glasses of water per day. Your daily requirement actually depends on your diet, size and body chemistry.
In this article, we have mentioned some of the ways in which you're drinking water wrong. So, read further to know more about the ways in which you were drinking water wrong.
1. You Don't Consider The Water You Get From Solid Foods:
Did you know about 20% of your daily water requirements come from solid foods like fruits and vegetables? You can always hydrate yourself with fruits and veggies that consist of mostly water. For example, a cucumber contains about 96.7% of water.
2. You're Drinking More Water Than You Need:
If you're forcing yourself to drink gallons of water, then you might be drinking too much. Further, there is no scientific reasoning which says that drinking extra water has health benefits.
3. You're Avoiding Caffeine:
Caffeine can boost your metabolism, as it contains diuretic qualities. Coffee is also a great source of water and also provides your body with inflammation-fighting antioxidants.
4. You Drink A Lot Of Water Before Bed:
If you drink a lot of water before bed, you may find yourself waking up many times to pee at night. You need to stop drinking water at least an hour before bedtime to break this habit.
5. You're Drinking Out Of Plastic Bottles:
You need to stop drinking water out of plastic bottles. These bottles contain bisphenol A, which is a hormone-disrupting chemical. It can affect the fertility in men and women and promote cancer.