Water is definitely the most important source for human sustenance. There is obviously nothing better than quenching your thirst with a glass of crystal-clear water.
But did you ever realize that there is a right and wrong way to drink water?
Yeah, we know it's kind of bizarre, but sadly, this is the truth. Some of the questions that we need to ask ourself before we start is, do we have a travel-size bottle to carry, do we drink water before meals to eat less? Do we need to often pee in the dead of night?
If the answer is Yes, then, it's time that you stop drowning your world in water. Experts have warned that too much water can take you close to the danger zone.
You can start experiencing things like low metabolism, low thought clarity, insomnia, headaches, shift in blood pressure levels as well as emotional mood swings.
In this way, water can indeed play a havoc on the mental and physical well-being of a person.
You don't have to necessarily drink 8 glasses of water per day. Your daily requirement actually depends on your diet, size and body chemistry.
In this article, we have mentioned some of the ways in which you're drinking water wrong. So, read further to know more about the ways in which you were drinking water wrong.
1. You Don't Consider The Water You Get From Solid Foods:
Did you know about 20% of your daily water requirements come from solid foods like fruits and vegetables? You can always hydrate yourself with fruits and veggies that consist of mostly water. For example, a cucumber contains about 96.7% of water.
2. You're Drinking More Water Than You Need:
If you're forcing yourself to drink gallons of water, then you might be drinking too much. Further, there is no scientific reasoning which says that drinking extra water has health benefits.
3. You're Avoiding Caffeine:
Caffeine can boost your metabolism, as it contains diuretic qualities. Coffee is also a great source of water and also provides your body with inflammation-fighting antioxidants.
4. You Drink A Lot Of Water Before Bed:
If you drink a lot of water before bed, you may find yourself waking up many times to pee at night. You need to stop drinking water at least an hour before bedtime to break this habit.
5. You're Drinking Out Of Plastic Bottles:
You need to stop drinking water out of plastic bottles. These bottles contain bisphenol A, which is a hormone-disrupting chemical. It can affect the fertility in men and women and promote cancer.
- How Long Should You Wait To Drink Water After Eating?
- How Safe Is Gripe Water For Babies?
- Here Are Various Types Of Water And Their Health Aspects You Should Know About
- 8 Important Things To Know About Drinking More Water
- Does Increasing Water Intake Aid Weight Loss?
- Ayurveda Breaks The Myth About Drinking Water Just Before Or After A Meal
- Drinking Too Much Water Can Lead To Brain Swelling, Says Study
- Does Eating Rice Affect Water Retention?
- 9 Best Foods For Healthy Kidneys
- Which Is Healthier For You – Hot Water Or Cold Water?
- Drink Warm Water With Honey and Raw Garlic for Weight Loss
- Knowing These 10 Signs of Dehydration Can Save Your Life!