Did you know that some scenarios or medical conditions actually do demand that you eat more salt?
The current recommendation of salt intake per day is 2300 mg. Some people consume adequate amounts of sodium and some in greater amounts.
You need to be very cautious about your salt intake. But some situations or conditions actually demand that you increase your salt intake.
But it is also important that you check with you doctor before planning to bring a change to your salt intake.
In this article, we have mentioned the reasons on when a person needs to include more salt. So, read further to know more on why should we eat more salt under these conditions.
1. When You're Participating In Some Marathon Intensity Exercise:
Athletes who engage in high-intensity exercises require a good boost of sodium. Else it can lead to hyponatremia, which is a drop of sodium in the blood that can result in dizziness and weakness.
2. When You Live In A Hot Muggy Climate:
Excessive sweating can result in a drop of sodium level in the body. Excessive sweating can also lead to hyponatremia.
3. When You Have This Medical Condition:
Salt-losing nephropathy is a form of kidney disease that makes it difficult for your body to maintain your sodium levels. People with this condition lose excess sodium through their urine, hence they must increase their sodium levels by all means.
4. When You're Taking Diuretic Medication:
Diuretics can lead to mineral imbalances in your body, hence increasing your urine output. Hence, the loss of sodium is high in this case. This is one of the reasons to eat more salt.
5. When You're An Older Adult:
Those who are aged 80 years or above, can experience a brain boost by upping their salt intake. A study showed that older adults who consumed moderate amounts of sodium performed better, in the brain activity, when compared to those on low-sodium diets.
6. If You're Suffering From This Rare Syndrome:
A cluster of conditions known as Bartter Syndrome can affect the kidney's ability to process the salt you consume. Some of the symptoms of this condition include vomiting to excessive thirst.
- 10 Homemade Electrolyte Drinks You Should Try Right Now
- 13 Home Remedies To Get Rid Of Tongue Blisters
- 12 Home Remedies For Mosquito Bites To Bring Instant Relief
- Hypertension Alert! 10 Foods To Avoid With High Blood Pressure
- 10 Common Cooking Mistakes You're Probably Making
- 8 Daily Habits You Could Be Following That Can Shorten Your Life Span!
- Study Asserts This Best Way To Reduce Hypertension
- Have You Tried Garlic Salt Yet? You Must, As It Has Some Incredible Health Benefits
- Why Should We Bring Salt On Diwali
- Natural Ingredients To Help Relieve Neck Pain Instantly
- Reasons Why Athletes Must Avoid Ketone Salts
- Natural Remedies For Ovarian Cysts That Work!
- World Kidney Day: 10 Best Detox Drinks For The Kidneys