- News US Elections 2020: Trump still has plenty of unfinished business
- Finance Monetary And Fiscal Policy Face Tightening Constraints: RBI Deputy Governor
- Sports IPL 2020: Hats off for turning up: Tendulkar lauds Mandeep, Rana
- Technology WD Purple SC QD101 MicroSD Review: Tailor-Made For Modern-Day Security Cameras
- Automobiles 2020 Hyundai i20 Top-Spec DCT Variant Features Leaked: Could It Beat The Tata Altroz?
- Movies Dussehra 2020: Bollywood Films Which Recreated Dussehra Celebrations On The Big Screen
- Education CTET Score Validity: NCTE Extends Validity of CTET Score Card To Lifetime
- Travel Best Places To Visit In Tamil Nadu In November
A few decades ago, in countries like India, this article would not have been very relevant because not many people here used toilet papers, right?
Well, now the times have changed and whether it is because people are trying to look up to the western concepts or purely due to hygiene reasons, more and more people in developing countries are also using toilet papers.
These days, especially at corporate workplaces, malls, eateries, etc., the toilets usually have toilet paper so that people can make use of it to stay clean and dry, after they are done with the nature's calls.
So, many people would be using toilet papers to wipe clean their genitals, on a daily basis. Meanwhile, also know the reason why you should not put toilet paper on the toilet seat.
These days, even in many homes, people keep toilet paper in their bathrooms for the same purpose.
Now, as the concept of using toilet paper has become more popular, just like with any other item, sellers started manufacturing toilet papers that come in different colours, just to improve the aesthetic factor, because, coloured toilet paper has no other special function.
In addition, scented toilet papers are also widely available in the markets today and come with pleasant odours that can make your entire bathroom smell great!
So, most of us are attracted to toilet papers that look and smell nice and we buy them.
However, a recent research study has found that using coloured and scented toilet paper can cause a number of health problems, as they contain a number of synthetics and chemicals in them.
Find out what are some of the ill-effects of coloured and scented toilet paper, here.
1. Infections Of The Urethra
The chemicals present in scented and coloured toilet papers can get into the urethra, through the genital opening when used for wiping, causing infections and inflammation.
2. Yeast Infection
Especially in women, the chemicals in coloured and scented toilet paper can lead to the growth of fungus in the vaginal area, causing yeast infection that can lead to itching, smelly discharge and cramps.
3. Rectal Infections
Since coloured or scented toilet papers can also be used to wipe clean the rectal area, the chemicals can irritate this sensitive region and can cause infections.
4. Cervical Cancer
Research studies have detected the presence of certain carcinogens in coloured and scented toilet paper, which can lead to cervical cancer.