- 2 hrs ago Viral Video Of Pigeons Wearing Hats In Las Vegas Got Twitterati Explode With Reactions
- 3 hrs ago Scientists Develop Carbon Dioxide Eating Bacteria, A New Hope For Climate Emergency?
- 4 hrs ago Here Is How You Can Recreate Priyanka Chopra’s Glam And Bold Make-up Look
- 4 hrs ago Indian-Origin Scientist Finds A Way To Fix Leaky Gut By Dead Probiotics
- Movies Prithviraj's Driving License: Official Trailer Is Out!
- Sports Want to see players looking to do the right things on the field: Thomas Dennerby
- News Modi govt will try to solve concerns over Citizenship Bill: Shah assures Tripura delegations
- Technology Xiaomi Launches Gigabee Smart Walkie-Talkie: Price And Features
- Automobiles Maserati Levante, Ghibli & Quattroporte Launched With V6 Petrol Engines
- Finance Retail Inflation Spikes In November To 5.54% On Costly Food Items
- Travel 10 Beaches To Enjoy A Sunny Christmas With Your Family!
- Education AIIMS BSc Nursing 2020 Registration Process Started
Pilonidal cysts are a type of skin infection that occuronthe buttocks. Although the exact reason of their growth is not known, it is believed that they grow in reaction to loose hair which penetrates the skin. The body considers this hair as a foreign substance and the response against it comes by means of the formation of a cyst around the hair.
In the beginning, pilonidal cysts have a dimple-like formation on the surface of the skin. Later, as the infection grows, the depression turns into a swollen mass. Pus can accumulate in these cysts with time and they can be painful whilesitting. Skin inflammation, bleeding from skin opening and smell from the pus can also occur. If the condition turns too serious, it can also lead to fever. Pilonidal cysts are more common in men than women and those suffering from obesity and having more body hair are more prone to suffer from this problem.
Treating pilonidal cysts can be either primary or prolonged ones. Even surgery could be required to reduce their size and preventinfection. However, there are also certain home remedies to treat pilonidal cysts to get fast relief:
1. Warm compress:
Give warm compresses to the affected area as it is a very effective way of getting relief. Using a cloth soaked in hot water and applying it on the affected area will see the draining out of the puss. It will also see a fast healing though not prevent the development of such cysts.
Turmeric is a very useful health agent and just like it aids in treating a lot of problems, it also helps in treating pilonidal cysts. Make a paste of turmeric powder and water and apply it on the cyst area and allow it to dry. Repeat this exercise two to three times a day. You can also drink a glass of milk with turmeric powder to get the benefits.
3. Aloe vera:
Aloe vera's antibacterial properties can quicken the healing of pilonidal cysts. Besides applying aloe vera gel on the affected area, you can also use a cotton ball or clean piece of cloth to be soaked in aloe vera gel and apply on the affected areafor around half an hour. Wait for a couple of hours and apply another cotton ball.
4. Tea Tree Oil:
The anti-inflammatory and antibacterial properties of this oil also cure the pilonidal cysts and infection caused by it. Dilute tea tree oil in water and apply it on the affected area. Wash the area with lukewarm water and dry it with a clean cloth.
5. Castor Oil:
The anti-inflammatory properties of castor oil reducepain and inflammation that happen because of the cysts. Apply a cotton ball soaked in castor oil on the affected area two to three times a day. The cysts will disappear soon.
Another effective natural remedy for pilonidal cysts, garlic also helps in bettering the immunity besides neutralising the infection with its medicinal properties. Crush a garlic clove and apply it on the affected area. Do this once every day. You can also eat a crushed clove two to three times a day. But those with sensitive skin can avoid applying garlic directly onthe affected areas.
7. Apple Cider Vinegar:
This ingredient also has antibacterial property which reduces infection and pain. Mix two or three teaspoons of organic apple cider vinegar in half cup of warm water. Soak a cotton ball in this solution and apply it on the affected area for a few minutes. Do this three to four times a day. You can also drink water mixed with unfiltered apple cider vinegar twice daily to cure the problem from within.