Ladies finger is an annual vegetable that consists of phytonutrient rich pods. It is mainly valued for its edible green seed pod.
This green vegetable has a high nutrient profile and is extremely beneficial for your overall health.
Ladies finger is low in calories and is very rich in nutrients. It is a good source of fibre, vitamin A, C and folate. It is also very rich in vitamin K, B vitamins , iron, potassium, zinc, calcium, manganese and magnesium.
This vegetable is very rich in phytonutrients and antioxidants such as lutein, xanthin and beta-carotene.
It has the potential to cure several diseases like diabetes, asthma, anaemia, failing sight and several other disease.
In this article we have mentioned some of the top health benefits of ladies finger. Read further to know what are the benefits of ladies finger and the diseases that it can combat.
Ladies finger helps in the effective production of red blood cells and helps prevent anaemia.
It is an excellent source of antioxidants and boosts the immune system. It protects the body from free radicals and prevents the mutation of cells, thus acting as an effective anti-cancer agent.
It contains rich amounts of vitamin C and antioxidants that helps effectively reduce asthmatic attacks.
4. Bone Strength:
Ladies finger contains folate that aids in building strong bones and also prevents osteoporosis. This is one of the top health benefits of ladies finger.
Ladies finger contains soluble fibre that helps lower the serum cholesterol. This in turn reduces atherosclerosis and the risk of heart diseases. Hence this health benefit will give you an idea of what are the benefits of ladies finger.
It contains a rick content of fibre and mucilaginous and natural laxative properties. It helps increase the bulk, bind to toxins and also ensure easy bowel movements. Regular consumption helps reduce the risk of colon cancer.
It produces insulin like properties that helps reduce the blood sugar levels. It is recommended to eat 6-8 raw and young ladies finger on an everyday basis. It well help significantly lower the blood sugar levels.
8. Vision Health:
Ladies finger is a great source of beta carotene, lutein and xanthin which are all very beneficial for vision health. Ladies finger also helps prevent eye problems like cataract and glaucoma.
- Do You Know These 10 Health Benefits Of Poppy Seeds (Khus Khus)?
- 10 Health Benefits Of Eating Popcorn
- Reduce Gastritis + 6 Other Health Benefits Of Parsley
- 11 Impressive Health Benefits Of Black Tea You Haven't Heard Of
- 10 Amazing Health Benefits Of Wild Rice
- Amazing Yoga Poses For Weight Loss And Weight Gain
- 10 Health Benefits Of Aloe Vera: Nature’s Best Gift To Man
- 10 Reasons Why Eating Dates Daily Can Do Wonders For Your Body!
- These 7 Health Benefits of Cow Milk Will Blow Your Mind
- Do You Know These Top 10 Benefits Of Exercising At Night?
- 12 Health Benefits Of Curry Leaves Tea For Weight Loss + How To Make It
- 30 Awesome Health Benefits Of Drinking Coconut Water Daily
- Adopt The Finger Method Technique & See The Magic In Your Body!