- 5 hrs ago #InThisTogether: Josh App Partners With Fortis For Mental Health Awareness Campaign
- 6 hrs ago Amitabh Bachchan Shares An Interesting Detail About His Blue Knotted Shirt On His Social Media
- 7 hrs ago Waking Up Just An Hour Earlier Linked To Lower Risk Of Depression, Says Study
- 7 hrs ago Venus Transit In Cancer 2021: Effects On Different Zodiac Signs
- News Guillain-Barre syndrome: AstraZeneca Covid vaccine linked to rare neurological disorder in India
- Sports WTC Final, Day 5: Southee removes openers as India reach 64/2 at stumps; contest goes into reserve day
- Movies Indian Idol 12: Javed Akhtar Is All Praise For Arunita Kanjilal's Performance, Says 'Lata Ji Ki Yaad Dila Di'
- Technology Samsung Networks Redefined Event Key Highlights
- Automobiles Maruti Suzuki Car Prices Increase — Company’s Third Price Hike Of 2021 Coming Soon
- Finance Sebi Exempts Heineken International From Open Offer In UBL Case
- Education Teaching Tips And Skills For Engaging Students In Online Classes
- Travel 10 Best Places To Visit In Uttarakhand In August
The neck is an essential body part with its intricate structure and wide range of mobility, which needs to remain in a good condition to support healthy functioning and movement of your body.
When there is a neck pain, it makes it difficult to move your head in any direction and you will be unable to carry out your day-to-day activities in such a case.
Neck pain results in a sharp or dull aching in the neck and the nearby muscle areas, especially in the shoulders. This can lead to headaches, numbness, tingling sensation, stiffness, difficulty in swallowing and swelling in the neck.
The main cause of neck pain is muscle tension and strain that can be due to a poor posture, working at a desk for long hours without taking breaks, sleeping with your neck in a bad position and jerking the neck during any exercise.
Other causes of neck pain can be due to nutritional deficiencies, neck injury, nerve compression, cervical spondylosis, etc.
To get rid of neck pain, here are some natural home remedies for neck pain to get an instant relief.
1. Ice Pack
Everyone reaches out for the ice when they have a neck pain. It is because the cold temperature will help to reduce the inflammation and alleviate pain.
- Place some ice cubes in a towel and wrap it properly.
- Apply it on your neck for 15 minutes for every two to three hours once, for the first 24 hours.
2. Epsom Salt
Having a bath in Epsom salt can help relieve muscle tension, reduce stress and can provide you an instant pain relief. Epsom sulphate has magnesium salts that work as a natural muscle relaxant, which helps reduce swelling and pain.
- Add 2 cups of Epsom salt to a warm bath.
- Soak the neck area in the water for 15-20 minutes.
- Repeat this method daily until the pain heals.
Hydrotherapy is a very effective home remedy for neck pain. This method can be easily done at home in the shower, as the force of the water on the neck area will reduce the pain and muscle soreness.
- Shower with warm water and target the neck area for 3-4 minutes.
- Switch to cold water for 30-60 seconds.
- Repeat this method.
4. Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple cider vinegar has powerful antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties that can relieve neck pain quickly.
- Soak a towel in apple cider vinegar and place it over the neck area.
- Leave it for a couple of hours and repeat this twice a day.
5. Neck Exercises
There are various motion exercises that help reduce neck pain. Apply moist heat before performing neck exercises.
- Rotate your neck in a circular motion, clockwise and anti-clockwise, to help stretch out the muscles.
- You can also move your neck slowly back and forth and from side to side.
6. Lavender Oil
Lavender oil is an essential oil that can be used to relieve neck pain fast. The oil is very effective when used along with massage therapy.
- Rub some small amount of lavender oil on your neck and shoulders.
- Gently massage the affected area for 10 minutes and repeat this daily.
7. Massage Therapy
A warm massage therapy can heal any pain in the body. Gently massaging the affected neck area will stimulate the blood flow.
- Lightly warm up a tablespoon of mustard oil or coconut oil and massage your neck with it.
- Use gentle circular motions for a few minutes.
Turmeric has anti-inflammatory properties that can help ease your neck pain. Also, turmeric helps to improve blood circulation, which will help to speed up the recovery process.
- Mix a teaspoon of turmeric powder in a glass of milk and heat it.
- Add a little amount of honey and drink this mixture twice a day.
Ginger is a natural anti-inflammatory spice that improves circulation and blood flow to the affected neck area. This reduces pain and inflammation.
- Cut a piece of ginger root and boil it in a cup of warm water for 10 minutes.
- Strain and add honey to it.
- Drink this tea daily for a few days.
10. Cayenne Pepper
Cayenne pepper contains capsaicin, which contains anti-inflammatory and analgesic properties that help reduce neck pain.
- Add a teaspoon of cayenne pepper powder to 2 tablespoons of warm olive oil.
- Mix it well and apply it directly on the neck area.
- Repeat this method twice a day.
11. Blackstrap Molasses
A nutrient deficiency can also be the cause of neck pain, specially when there is a lack of calcium and potassium. Blackstrap molasses is the best remedy for you. It is full of calcium and potassium, which are essential for maintaining strong muscles and joints.
- Mix a tablespoon of blackstrap molasses in a glass of warm water.
- Drink this twice a day to get rid of the neck pain.
If you liked reading this article, share it with your close ones.