- 4 hrs ago Yearly Health Horoscope 2022: Astrological Predictions For All Zodiac Signs
- 11 hrs ago Omicron: COVID-19 Third Wave Projected In India In February 2022 By IIT Scientist
- 13 hrs ago Omicron Coronavirus: Expert Suggests Ayurvedic Preventive Measures To Combat The New Variant
- 15 hrs ago St. Nicholas Day: Story Behind The Saint Putting Candy In Children's Boots And Inspiring Santa Claus
- Movies Udaariyaan: Priyanka Choudhary Aka Tejo On Her Chemistry With Ankit & Karan; Says Viewers Are Loving TejAng
- News Bengaluru doctor who tested positive for Omicron tests positive again
- Finance IPOs Queued-up in FY22 Buoyant Stock Market, Highest In Last Two Decades
- Technology Motorola To Launch Moto G51, Moto Edge X30, Moto G71 Soon; India Launch, Specs
- Education NIFT Admission 2022 Notification Out, Register Online For NIFT UG PG Courses Before January 17 On nift.ac.in
- Sports Ashes: England rest veteran pacer James Anderson for the Brisbane Test starting Wednesday
- Automobiles DriveSpark Exclusive: Citroen CC21 SUV Spotted Testing Again In Bangalore
- Travel Budget Friendly Winter Places To Visit Around Kohima
Having a bloated bulging tummy is something which none of us wants to have. But due to certain lifestyle habits, foods and lack of exercise, a few of us end up having this unwanted belly fat.
Well, if you are one among this group, and looking for ways to reduce belly fat, then you need to read this article. It explains about a few of the effective yoga asanas that help to reduce your tummy.
Having a fat belly not just looks awkward and uncomfortable but is also a sign that fats are getting accumulated around your stomach, which is unhealthy. It could lead to other serious health problems too.
Also Read: Exercises To Flatten Your Tummy
In order to reduce the tummy, a few people skip meals and do rigorous exercises but this would not be too helpful. A healthy diet along with moderate exercise every day should be followed. To top it, practice of yoga asanas is one of the best ways to have a flat tummy and stay fit.
Here are a few yoga asanas that actually help you to have a flat stomach. Take a look.
1. Paschimottanasana (Seated Forward Bend)
Step-by-step procedure to perform Paschimottanasana:
a. Sit on the floor with your legs stretched in front of you and spine erect.
b. Raise both your arms up above your head.
c. Bend forward towards your toes with your hip and lower body intact on the floor.
d. Drop your head down and for a few seconds try to take deep breaths.
e. Come out of the position and do this for about 4-5 times.
2. Naukasana (Boat Pose)
Step-by-step procedure to perform Naukasana:
a. Lie down flat on the floor with arms lying straight on either sides and feet held close together.
b. Slowly lift your chest and feet a little above the floor.
c. Stretch your arms in front so that you feel the stretch till your stomach.
d. The fingers and toes should be straight and pointed forward.
f. Hold on to the position for a few seconds.
g. Slowly come out of the position and do this for about 4-5 times.
3. Ustrasana (Camel Pose)
Step-by-step procedure to perform Ustrasana:
a. Kneel down on the floor. Keep your hands at the back of your pelvis with your palms supporting the hips.
b. Slowly draw your tailbone towards your pubis and make sure that you feel the pull at the naval.
c. Slowly lean down with your head up and arms straight and hold your foot with the hands.
d. Make sure that you do not strain the neck.
e. Hold on to the position for about 30-40 seconds and then slowly come out.
4. Dhanurasana (Bow Pose)
Step-by-step procedure to perform Dhanurasana :
a. Lie down with your stomach pressed against the floor. The arms should be relaxed and placed on either sides.
b. Slowly fold your knees and hold your ankles with your hands.
c. Take a deep breath and then lift your chest. Pull your legs up with your hands.
d. Your body should look like a bow.
e. Keep taking deep breaths and hold on to the position for a few seconds and then get back.