Lifestyle diseases are a common occurrence in today's day and age. With changing trends and fast-paced lives, our food habits have undergone a drastic change. The shift in our food habits has put tremendous pressure on our health and especially on our digestive system.
In this situation, it is extremely important for us to constantly look for better ways of maintaining our health, with a special focus on digestive wellness.
An easy way to maintain digestive wellness is to include Triphala in your healthy diet. Triphala is one of the best known Ayurvedic herbal remedies. It is a combination of three fruits, namely, Amla, Bibhitaki and Haritaki.
Also Read: Home Remedies For Digestive Problem
Dr. Hariprasad, Research Scientist, The Himalaya Drug Company, brings to you five reasons on why you should include Triphala in your daily diet.
Ayurvedic texts and contemporary research state that Triphala helps in speeding up the process of emptying the stomach and thus helps relieve long-standing constipation. Each of the three herbal ingredients of Triphala plays an important role in taking care of our body. The herbs help in cleansing the internal waste out of the body. And, at the same time, it also improves digestion.
Soothes & Rejuvenates Gastro-intestinal Tissues:
The Amla in Triphala has demulcent and anti-inflammatory properties that helps to rejuvenate the inner lining of the intestines. It soothes and calms the intestinal walls, relieving abdominal bloating and belching.
Gently Maintains Regularity:
Triphala helps in stimulating the metabolism and comforts the digestive system in your body. A small dose of it each night before bed helps in regulating bowel movement.
Detoxifies The Body:
According to Ayurvedic texts, Triphala supports detoxification of the stomach and colon by cleansing metabolic and digestive wastes from the body.
It Is A Natural Antioxidant In Itself:
Triphala contains many antioxidant molecules, including gallic acid, flavonoids and tannins that help in naturally cleansing the body from within by targeting free radicals that are capable of causing cell damage. The active constituents derived from the three fruits exert strong antioxidant effects and promote bowel wellness.
So, this monsoon, take care of your overall health for a healthier and better tomorrow.
- 10 Amazing Nutrition Facts About Pears
- 10 Awesome Health Benefits Of Watermelon Seeds
- 10 Health Benefits Of Cottage Cheese Or Paneer
- 10 Health Benefits Of Avocado Oil
- 11 Surprising Health Benefits Of Passion Fruit
- 11 Health Benefits Of Sesame Seeds
- 10 Health Benefits Of Kiwi Fruit You Didn't Know
- Do You Know These 10 Health Benefits Of Poppy Seeds (Khus Khus)?
- 10 Health Benefits Of Eating Soaked Almonds In The Morning
- 10 Ways Drinking More Water Can Help You Lose Weight
- 10 Amazing Health Benefits Of Cranberries
- 10 Surprising Health Benefits Of Hemp Seeds
- Monsoon Hair Care Tips For Men To Follow This Season!