- just now Thanks To Social Media, Andra Girl Reunites With Parents After 12 Long Years
- 55 min ago Indo-Pak Lesbian Couple Slams TikTok For Removing Their Video: 'Rumours About Homophobia Are True'
- 1 hr ago Kriti Sanon Has Fashion Lessons For Those Who Want To Ace The Traditional Marathi Look
- 2 hrs ago Karisma Kapoor Gives Us Awe-worthy Moments With Her Ethnic And Western Outfits
- Movies Kartik Aaryan Or Ayushmann Khurrana; Who Will Play Elvis Of Punjab In Imtiaz Ali's Next?
- News Kopardi rape case: Pro-Maratha outfit seeks speedy justice in
- Sports Champions League preview: Liverpool face tricky test at Salzburg
- Technology Massive Asteroid Approaching Earth At 44,172 Km/h; Should You Worry?
- Travel Northern India By Rail | A Five Day Circular Trip
- Finance Yes Bank Falls On Reports Of Jhunjhunwala Shelving Investment Plan In The Bank
- Automobiles Orxa Mantis Electric Performance Motorcycle Revealed At India Bike Week 2019
- Education TOEFL Go! Global: A Mobile App From ETS To Stand Out In Exam
Most of us reading this article would be familiar with the quote "an apple a day keeps the doctor away", right?
Well, what if you were told that consuming a glass of red wine a day could have the same effect?
Most of us would be rather surprised, isn't it? The fact is that many of us may have heard about the health benefits of red wine; however, we may not be aware of the fact that it has the ability to prevent certain major diseases.
During the olden times, a lot of women were encouraged to drink red wine, as they thought that it would prevent the signs of ageing from appearing at a faster rate.
So, even today, red wine is believed to just help reduce stress or help with anti-ageing benefits.
Now, in many countries where traditions and religious customs play an important role in the society, any kind of alcohol, including wine is looked down upon.
However, the truth is that, although most types of alcoholic beverages are unhealthy and could cause addiction, wine is an alcoholic drink that can come with certain health benefits, when consumed within a particular limit.
Especially red wine is known to contain certain ingredients that can be very beneficial for health.
A recent research has found that red wine has the ability to prevent the risk of type 2 diabetes!
Learn how that happens, below.
How Red Wine Can Prevent Type 2 Diabetes Risk
Most of us would know of someone who is suffering from diabetes or we could be the victims of this disease ourselves; it is that common!
Diabetes is a metabolic disorder in which the body fails to produce or respond to the insulin hormone, causing an abnormal spike in the blood sugar levels.
In type 2 diabetes, the body does not produce enough insulin, resulting in a number of undesirable symptoms such as excessive hunger and thirst, fatigue, frequent urination, weight fluctuations, poor wound healing capacity, blurred vision, etc.
Type 2 diabetes is a condition which cannot be cured, but its symptoms can be treated to be kept under control.
Healthy lifestyle changes like a balanced diet, regular exercise, stress management, etc., can also help control the disease.
Now, a recent study published in the journal 'Diabetologia' in the UK has stated that consuming a glass of red wine every day, after a meal, can cut the risk of people developing type 2 diabetes by almost 27%, when coupled with a healthy lifestyle!
The study says that the antioxidants and flavonoids present in red wine can keep the insulin hormone production in your body regulated well, thus preventing type 2 diabetes.
However, one must always consult a doctor before consuming red wine regularly, especially if you have alcoholic tendencies!